Chapter 12; Every day life

After 2 hours of a kid behind me kicking my seat, and an old man besides me snoring like crazy. I was off the plane, and as usual, my driver, Lou was there to pick me up.

"Hey Lou, long time since I've seen you" I say as I walk up to him and hug him.

He smiles at me and return the hug.

"It has been quiet with you not around" he smiles and grabbed my bags.

We walk to the limo and drive home.

You see since my mom and dad never notice me, and just give me money, because that's what they think is the best for me, I have learned that the maids and the other people working at our house, is my real family.

Like our gardener, he is a old man, and sometimes his wife comes with him, they are what I like to call 'grandma' and 'grandpa' because I've never met my real ones.

And you might think its weird, but if you were in my situation, it's not really.

So I got inside the house and greeted everyone, and went to my room.

___________

After an hour of unpacking, I decided to call Ali, it's been too long since I've seen her. I decided to text here, and ask if she wanted to come sleep over at my place.

To: sassy pants;)

Hey gurl, wanna come sleep over? I know you want to;)

~M

From: sassy pants;)

Sure thing;) I'll be over in fifteen:)

~A

I went down to the kitchen and found all the snacks and candy that we had, and some soda, ice cream and all that junk.

I was struggling to hold it all, that's when I felt a pair of hands grabbing half of the things, when I saw who it was I screamed!

"SOFIA! I missed you so much!" I said and put everything I was holding in the kitchen island.

"I missed you to missy!" She said and hugged me.

"How was the tour? You have to tell me everything tomorrow! We can go our special place" she said smiling at me.

"Yes! But one thing first, can you help me put everything downstairs in the movie room?" I said with puppy eyes.

"Sure" she , laughed at me and we collected the things and went downstairs.

"I have to go home now, but I'll see you tomorrow ok?" Sofia said and walked to the door.

"Ok, and yes!.. Oh, and before you go, where is mom and dad?" I asked.

I haven't really seen them, not that it's normal for me to see them anyway, but they are my parents..

"They went on a vacation to Hawaii.. And they are staying there for five weeks.. I'm sorry honey" she said and hugged me.

On the inside I was crushed, but on the outside I smiled and said.

"It's ok, they are always gone anyway, and I have you, and Lou" I hugged her back smiling.

She gave me a sympathetic smile and said bye one more time before opening the door and leaving, and not a second later Ali was in the door and we were heading to the movie room.