16 | TRAINING WITH UNCLE STEVE

NAYARA AVOIDED A punch from Steve. Before hitting him in the chest. She smiled feeling accomplished by it. However, it soon ended when she fell to the floor. "You might have been able to punch me but you have to keep your eyes on the target. Just one punch isn't going to cut it." Steve told her, before aiding Nayara up. 

"I mean, I'm think I'm good if I'm ever attacked on the streets." Nayara told him. "You know, I feel like a Power Ranger." Nayara told Steve. "You guys have that in this world, right?" Nayara asked him. 

Before Steve could reply, Carol had cut in. "Why are you asking if we have that here?" Carol asked Nayara. Nayara stopped, and shared a panicked look with Steve. Carol was oblivious to it. 

Steve unwrapped his knuckles. "Because she used to watch it where she used to live." Steve told Carol. It was true. 

"Tony called, something about a man with a metal arm you were looking for." Carol said, approaching the ring. "Teaching your little protege how to kick some?" Carol asked him. Nayara nodded proudly. 

"Yeah." She said, smiling at Carol. 

"Oh, and I think you have somebody waiting for you outside. Emma." Carol told her. 

"Alright." The young girl replied before she saw the blonde walk away. 

Steve chuckled, seeing the girl watch the hero closely with awe. "You still don't believe she is actually standing in front of you, do you?" Steve asked her. Nayara hummed a positive response to is, confirming his question.

Nayara shook her head as she walked out of the ring. "I mean, she was my role model. I admire her so much. People underestimate her. I mean, she could defeat Thanos with just one punch, and he is pretty much the hardest villain to kill. He is more than six feet tall. A purple alien." Nayara explained. "She once has a decision to stop flying, and avoid the damaging effect that her powers were having on her, or accept it and help others. She didn't back down." Nayara explained. "This was in some of the issues, before they renewed it." Nayara quickly added. 

"You seem to know a lot about her." Steve told her as he passed her a water. 

Nayara nodded shyly. "I know pretty much everything there is to know about her, even if she doesn't know who am I." Nayara told him. She sat down on a bench, looking down at the floor. "It's like with Peter, he doubts himself when he shouldn't. I don't blame him though. We all doubt ourselves." Nayara added. 

"Well you seem to get along more than previously." Steve told her. 

Nayara picked up her bag. "We always get along, it's just that...I tend to keep my distance because if I get too close I know I might interfere with something." Nayara told Steve. 

"With what exactly?" Steve asked her. 

"I don't know. I'm still trying to figure it out." Nayara told him, walking towards the exit. 

"You can't keep being scare of what might happen if you do get too close. You will be missing many opportunities and fun experiences if not. Maybe a good friend?" Steve told her. "You just have to just be prepare for the unknown." Steve told her. 

"That sometimes scares me." Nayara admitted to him. She saw Emma standing next to her car. "I will see you later, Steve. Go and have fun trying to find the Winter Soldier. I heard he delivers a pretty hard punch." Nayara joked before entering the car. 

Steve chuckled at her. He stopped when he saw Emma approach him. "Hello, Ms.Frost." Steve told her, greeting her. 

She glared slightly Steve. "You know, I'm allowing this because it will help her, but I don't want you dragging her into a mess. I don't want what happened last year repeat itself. She is a kid." Emma told him.