45 | DESTROYED HEARTS

KARA DANVERS ARRIVED to the apartment with a big box of cupcakes. The words exchanged between her and Nayara were bad, but she was ready to fix everything. What first surprised the blonde was the darkness of the apartment. All lights were off, which was weird since she knew how Nayara hated darkness.

"Nay!" Kara called out to her as she walked deeper into the apartment. She left the cupcakes in the kitchen table, before walking to the bedroom door. When she entered, she saw that Nayara was nowhere in sight. Instead, there a small handwritten note on the bed.

I'm sorry

N.L.F

Kara looked at it with slight worry. She sighed, leaving her apartment to go and look for Nayara. It was unknown to her that Nayara was already long gone from National City.

. . .

Nayara sat on the train to Central City. The only place she knew that she could run to if things got bad. The brunette had swollen eyes and was not letting the crying stop. She should have been more careful.

The brunette pulled out the batarang from inside of her sweater. She smiled at it. She hid it back in the pocket before pulling out the bracelet that Steve once had given her. Nayara put it on the desk in front of her, looking as she thought back of her home. Of the people she care for: Emma, Logan, Steve.....Peter.

It was not bad idea to go back home. Maybe just maybe, it was better that way. Maybe she could return in case Steve didn't found her notes. Maybe she would not bother - which she thought she did the other two will argue against it - Kara and Barry, and everything would be alright.

Zap!

The train took a sudden spot, making Nayara lean to the front due to the force. She put the bracelet back in her wrist as she looked worriedly at the flickering lights. She ignored the mumbling from the other passengers and looked outside.

Nothing.

Then every single light turned off. The brunette started to panic and quickly dialed Barry's phone number. She was not far from Central City after all. However, before she could get a word out the screaming started.

The brunette walked to the end of her compartments to look at the other ones. From a far she saw a small flicker quick flicker of light before the shooting started. The girl turned around, trying to quiet the people. "Everyone, out from the back now!" Nayara yelled at them as she instructed them to leave.

She stayed behind, looking at the incoming criminals. She was unaware that somebody was watching her every move. Nayara sighed, looking down at the shield at hand and then at the ring in her purse.

Before she could reach it, the criminals had entered the compartment. Nayara hide behind one wall, quickly texting Barry for help. She even tried Wally, but there was no response. She closed her eyes, taking deep breath.

One.

Steve will have a heart attack when I tell him. Nayara thought to herself.

Two.

When she saw one man enter, she turned on her shield.

Three.

Nayara hit the man with her shield while avoiding the gun. She kicked the back of his knee, making his loose his balance. While he fell down the girl had taken the gun away. She pulled her shield even higher and hit the man with it twice.

Nayara turned around just to be seen by another criminal. Nayara pulled the shield up to her, blocking all the bullet. She quickly thought of how Steve used his shield. "Oh, this is going to be such a bad idea." Nayara said to herself.