53 | SMALL VISIT TO STAR CITY

IT WAS CLEAR that the encounter with the meta-human had taken a great toll on both Nayara and Barry. Especially Barry who had seemed always on edge every time Iris said she was leaving to go to work or if Nayara left to get some food for Cisco. Iris noticed this sudden change in her fiancée's behavior and decided to question him about, especially since the poor young man had woken up countless of times these past nights. The moment he will open his eyes he will check Iris was right next to him and then walk to the other room just to see Nayara fast sleep. Then he will go back to bed, at ease now that he knew that both of them were alright.

This particular night however, Nayara was more than awake. Her nightmares about Steve had gotten worst, and it did not help that there was a strange voice calling out for her somewhere within the sleep trying to get her attention. However, she ignored since she was still focus on mouring the loss of her friend. 

It was one particular night that Barry grew too worry that Iris was not next to him. Instead, she was keeping watch over Nayara who was so young and had been through so much pain so quickly. That night, Iris had told Nayara that when she was ready to talk that she will be there for her and while she waited she will keep watch over Nayara while she slept.

Iris now sat in the couch, watching how Nayara was busy typing and writing something away. She was trying to keep her mind busy away from Steve. She was now focusing on finding out a person she once was looking before, the ones with the initials......... The girl was also trying to find an apartment a job. Even if she had more than enough to life a comfortable life due to all the money that Emma had given her the first time she came, and even when she came back to this world before the portal opener exploded, she wanted to at least find one if something happened. It seemed that she will be leaving there for a long while. She also had to find an apartment of her own, but that was something she will tell Barry after she got the contract and was ready to go. She felt back just staying a long while in Barry's apartment when it was intended for just a short time; not that Iris and Barry complained about it.

Iris took a quick glimpse of what Nayara had on her screen and stopped when she saw her apartment. "That seems nice." Iris said to Nayara. Nayara turned to her in panic.

"I...I...umm... I was just curious." Nayara lied.

Iris smiled at her, giving her a slight nudge. "You know, you don't have to lie." Iris told her. "I'm not mad at all." Iris added.

"You want me to move?" Nayara asked her quietly.

Iris shook her head. "No. I mean, I miss having a girl around." Iris joked, earning a small smile from Nayara. "But if you want to I can help you look." Iris said to her. Nayara looked at her and nod.

Then an idea appeared on her head. The woman looked at Nayara with a small smile. "Do you want to go on an adventure?" Iris asked her. Nayara looked up from her screen and looked at Iris cautiously. "Come on, we are going out for coffee and you don't get to say no. You need some fresh air and some sun." Iris said, pulling Nayara to her feet. Iris took the computer from her hands and put it on the coffee table. "Get your stuff, come on." She said to her.

Nayara smiled at Iris before leaving to get her stuff. When Nayara was ready to go, Iris linked arms with her and they walked together through the door, not telling Barry a single world about their plan.

. . .

Iris walked with Nayara next to her on the streets of Central City. Iris thought that it might be a good idea to walk with Nayara, hoping to encourage the girl to talk. "You have been awfully quiet since Barry told you what happened to the bridge." Iris said to her, starting the conversation. "Are you sad about it? He will figure something out if that's what scares you." Iris told her.