CHAPTER(2):⚄Every Good Thing⚅

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."

— Winston S. Churchill

 Churchill

□Marc

Tuesday, January 7

1:10 am

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Why is it that every good thing in life has to be destroyed?

Even when we're so high on life, there's always that one moment that ruins it all. I remember back in middle school, I asked Melanie Clark to the school dance. She was the love of my life or so I thought. When she agreed to go, I remember almost pissing myself due to my excitement. We were having such a good time, that my foolish middle school self-wanted to ask her to marry me right then and there.

She excuses herself, saying something about going to use the restroom. When fifteen whole minutes went by, I decided to go look for her and caught her making out with some other kid.

Was the kid older than me? Yes.

Did that stop me from kicking his ass? No.

After that day, I promised my foolish self never to love again. Fearing that if I was ever to love again, that the very good thing in my life would be taken away.

Then Kelly happened.

My very good thing in life.

I fell in love with her, forgetting about that stupid promise my middle school self-made. And now here I am, sitting on this dirty creaky little bed, wondering if my very good thing in life is gone. Her and her daughter of course. I love Dani just as much as I love Kelly. And it kills me that I don't even know the status of them both. Dani is my little sister, I'm the one that's suppose to protect her. Yet I couldn't even do that.

A sigh leaves my mouth and I scratch the forming beard on my face. "Maybe Leo was right," I say out loud. "Maybe I am a failure."

Ignoring my own dumbass comment, I rise from my bed and pace around the small cell. The bars that cover the small window is really thick, which left no room for escaping. Dark, empty, cold, the room stands silently at the end of the corridor. 
This cell was just a box for humans to waste away. Carelessly dragging my feet across the floor, I remove the baggy t-shirt pierced with holes and stained with blood.

My eyes flicker to the door, hearing the sound of keys jingle with one another. I sigh, laying flat on the cold ground. My hands held up to the back of my head, as I wait for the nurse to enter.

This wasn't my first run around with the guards. It was just two weeks ago when I got into a brawl with five of them. For some reason, after all my fights El Ragazzone would send in a nurse to come to clean me up. In some sick way, it was like he didn't want me hurt for too long.