CHAPTER (21):⚅Executioner⚄

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you'll never enjoy the sunshine."

- Morris West

Everyone POV

Saturday, April 29

2:00 am

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"On this day, I give you my heart. My promise, that I will walk with you, hand in hand, wherever our journey leads us. Living, learning, loving, together,
Forever." Marc reads, quietly. He gulps down his bourbon, chuckling humorously. "This is fuckin stupid."

"No it's not." Kevin says, coming out of nowhere. "You being drunk is stupid, but those words you wrote aren't." Kevin takes a seat by him. "Is what you wrote a poem?"

Marc chuckles, shaking his head. "Wedding vows. I wrote it while I was caputured." Marc answers. "Never got the chance to finish."

Kevin nods. "It sounds good." Kevin stays quiet for a moment, thinking about what he was about to say. "Would you ever quit being in the mafia? I mean don't you think it's time to retire."

Marc's eye brows raised. "Being in the mafia is what keeps me sane. It's what I'm good at." Marc says. "The only way I'm quitting is of old age. Why? Because that's the vow I took when I became the boss. And it's the same vow you took when you decided to become my second in command."

Kevin lifts his hand up in surrender. "I know that, I was just asking. No need to get angry."

"I'm not angry." Marc says. "You know I hate when I get asked stupid question."

Kevin rolls his eyes. "My bad." He sighs. "Do you still love Kelly?"

Marc freezes. He wasn't expecting that question. Before he could answer, the sound of his phone ringing cuts him off. Marc sighs before answering it, not looking at the caller ID. "Hello."

"Marc this is Ragazzone." Marc instantly glares at the phone, ready to hang up. "Don't hang up, this is an emergency. That crazy bitch Miranda left me a voicemail." Ragazzone says. "She's going to shoot up the hospital that Kelly's cousin is in."

Marc drops his drink, standing up abruptly. "Are you serious?"

Kevin stands up as well, curious as to what was going on. "What's wrong?"

"Yes!" Ragazzone answers. "She's going to kill Diana and take the baby."

Marc hangs up the phone, putting on his shoes. "Get Wyatt. We have to get to the hospital quick. Diana is in trouble." Kevin nods, running up the stairs. Marc gets his guns, strapping up.