CHAPTER (15):⚅Home⚄

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.

– C. S. Lewis      

 Lewis      

◇Kelly

Saturday, February 5

2:22 am

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The moon is a wraith-silver disc hanging in the lonely sky. A trembling gush of wind inaudibly drifts across the skyline. Casie drives the car, while Raymond talks on his phone. I stare out the window, searching for another car but to my hopes, there wasn't. We were the only people on the road.

"You alright?" Casie asks, looking at me through the mirror.

I glare at him. "Don't talk to me, you fuckin trader!" That catches him off guard, he gulps and stares back at the road.

Raymond let's out a chuckle, hanging up his phone. "Calm down piccolo orso, Casie just wanted to make sure you were alright." Raymond turns around placing his hand on my thigh. "We are a family now, no need for all that anger towards one another."

I push his hand off my thigh and look at him in disbelief. "Don't touch me!" Raymond stares at me for a moment, before turning around. I look behind us, seeing Dani's ambulance driving behind us. I sigh, hoping that she was alright.

"She's fine," Raymond says. "Once she got into the ambulance she got the cure. She's just going to be knocked out for a couple of hours."

I nod, licking my dry lips. "When are we getting to your home?"

"We have about an hour until we reach it." Raymond answers. "You can sleep, I'll wake up when we get there."

I shake my head. "No, I'll stay up."

"You sure?"

"Yes." The car goes back to being quiet. My thoughts are clouded by Marc. I soon find myself missing him. I sigh knowing that he was definitely not doing okay. Right about now he was probably drinking in his room, trying to break something. I wish I was there with him, holding onto his hand as reassurance.

The time goes by and just like that, I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Raymond. "We're here." He says, before getting out of the car. Casie gets out of the car and grabs my wheelchair from the trunk. He comes on my side of the car and helps me onto my chair. Raymond grabs the back of the wheelchair and guides me up to his house. The house was new. Very new. It looks like it had been finished last week. It looked almost too new in some strange way. "Just got done building it," Raymond admits. "It cost me a fortune."

"It's beautiful," I confess. The house was beautiful. Everything was geometric, which I guess you could say about almost any pitched roof abode with square windows, but on this house, you couldn't help but notice it. The roof was flat for a start and the door as wide as it was tall. The windows took up entire walls with only polished steel beams to break them into yet more rectangles.