CHARTER (14):⚄Fever⚅

As knowledge increases, wonder deepens.

– Charles Morgan        

◇Kelly

Friday, February 4

7:06 pm

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"What's happening?" Kelly asks, wheeling herself into the living room. Her heart was beating fast as she sees Dani's small body on the ground, shaking. "What's wrong with her?"

"We don't know," Kevin says, at Dani's side. "One minute she was asking for some juice and then she just collapsed."

Marc bends down towards Dani's shaking body. "Did you guys call for help?" Marc asks. Kevin nods. He places his hands onto Dani's head. "She burning up." He picks up Dani gently. "They're taking too long, I'm getting her to the hospital myself." He turns and looks at Kelly. "Me and Kevin will take her, you ride with Wyatt." Once Kelly nods in approval, Marc hurries and places Dani in the car. Kevin drives.

Softly splashing water droplets hit the car windows as Kevin drive onwards. The skies are overhung with a blanket of grey, so much so that he can barely tell the difference between the sky and clouds. He tries his best to drive fast, but also safely. Dani's body stops twitching after a couple of minutes. Her breathing was steady, but she was still burning up.

Kevin parks at the emergency entrance of the hospital. He opens the door for Marc and they both walk inside the hospital, Dani in tow. "We need help over here!" Marc yells. The nurses quickly take her from his hands and place her in a gurney. They move her someplace else and inform Marc that he cannot enter. It doesn't take long for Kelly to get to the hospital. Wyatt parks the car and helps Kelly out. He wheels her inside the hospital.

"Over here," Kevin says, getting the attention of Kelly and Wyatt. He looks around and frowns. "Where are your cousins?"

Wyatt answers for Kelly. "Simon is on his way." He says. "Dani didn't think she should come, so Levi stayed with her." Kevin nods.

"How is she? Did they say anything yet?" Kelly asks.

Marc takes her hand and kisses it. "We don't know anything yet. They just took her."

Kelly sighs. "What do you think is wrong with her? Do you think she'll be okay?

Marc places his hand over her shoulder. "I don't know baby, but we're gonna figure it out."