CHAPTER (17):⚅Things change⚄

Count your blessings and not your problems

– Unknown

□Marc

Thursday, APRIL 27

7:30 pm

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Why are you here?" I ask impatiently. Looking out the window, my fingers tap on the wooden desk besides me.

"For your forgiveness." Mother says. Her voice causes me to roll my eyes. I lean deeper in my seat, this time looking in her eyes. Her entire face seems drained of any signs of joy and amusement, instead her frumpy cheeks were regular displeasure. "Your brother's too, of course."

As if on cue Wyatt says, "Bullshit." He folds his hands together, staring darkly at our mother. "You don't want our forgiveness. You just wanted to see how we're doing." Wyatt says. "You're lonely and it's killing you."

I chuckle humorously. "That loneliness can kill you for all I care Lena." I sigh. "You're dead to me." Wyatt clears his throat and I smirk. "Sorry fratello. I mean you're dead to us Lena."

Lena gasps at what I said. She stands to her feet, walking over to me. "Don't you dare talk to me like that." Her hand connects with my face, causing my head to turn slightly. The slap was as loud as a clap and stung my face. 

Wyatt quickly lifts his gun up to shoot her, but I lift my hand making him stop. "It's okay fratello." I say to him. "Put the gun down, I'm not gonna give her the satisfaction of dying by our hands." Wyatt puts the gun down and continues to glare at Lena. I turn to her. "You may be my madre, but don't let that fool you. I won't kill you, neither will Wyatt but that doesn't mean we can't get someone else to do it." Glancing at the clock, I sigh. "Get out of my house Lena."

She shakes her head glaring at me. "No." She says standing her ground. She points at me and Wyatt. "I made you... I made both of you. You guys wouldn't have anything if it wasn't for me!" She yells. "Your father was the worst husband, but I still stayed with him for you guys. Every beating, every sacrifice all for you two!"

"Do you not hear yourself!" Wyatt shouts standing up. "So you made sacrifices, what mother doesn't?" He asks walking towards Lena. "Everyone has a choice in this life and you chose to stay with Leo. Not because of us, but because even after all the time he beat you senseless you loved him!" He yells in Lena's face. "You loved him more than us... more than life itself. That's why you did all these horrible things. Not for us, but for Leo!"

"You're just like him." I say standing up. "The only difference is that you want forgiveness for all the things you've done." I smirk at her. "You're not forgiven Lena and you'll never be forgiven. Not by Wyatt and sure as hell not by me."

 we are wнo we wanт тo вe : тнe ғυcĸed υp ғaмιly ѕerιeѕ вooĸ 3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara