Chapter 4

Elsa's POV

I turn around startled and are greeted by those same ocean eyes from last night. "You liar, you can play... you're really good." I stand up and awkwardly walk out of the ballroom, "Um thanks... I better be going." Just as I was about to stride away he grabs my hand. "Let me hear you play more." I gaze down at our hands, "Not right now... can you let go." He refuses to let go. "Your highness... I've got duties to do."

"Can you stop calling me that."

"What?"

"Your highness. Just call me by my name." That's unprofessional though...

"Ok... Prince Jack." He shakes his head and chuckles, "Without the label, please." I hesitate it feels unnatural just calling him by his name, "J...Jackson." "Much better but next time just Jack."

"Jack!" Mary comes running, he lets go of my hand leaving a warm imprint. "What is it Mary?"

"Um you told me to come get you when its 1pm for your massage." She blushes and fidgets with her hands. Seriously, I frown, "Well you better get going... Your highness." I say teasingly. Before he could respond Mary drags him away.

After hours of polishing the floor I finally completed, I collapse on the floor staring at the ceiling. Alexis approaches me, "Hey Elsa, I finished polishing Prince Jack's sword can you give it to him." She hands me his sword. "Thank you." I didn't even get to say anything, and she disappears down the stairs. I complain mentally, I head to his room just as I was about to knock I hear a familiar soft moan. I cringe. I peer through the crack of the door and it's Jack shirtless, sitting on top of him is a topless Mary facing him. I watch him run his hand down her spine and grab her ass causing her to let out a moan. I get agitated and start knocking till the door opens. Still knocking I hear him yell, "I'm coming!" I continue to knock constantly till he opens the door, he stands there shirtless, behind I see Mary covering her chest with a blanket. He leans on the door frame, "Hey Elsa... care to join?" He winks, and I glare at him, "I'd rather die." I shove his sword to his chest and storm off.

I can't believe him, just when I thought he was a tad different he's still the same arrogant asshole. Thinks he's so smooth with the ladies, he most definitely knows what he's doing. I can't believe I fell for his soft side last night. Ugh and that Mary chick is really getting on my nerves, always drooling all over him. Come on woman do your fricking job. I storm down the stairs and end up fuming into the stables. I sit on a bundle of hay and let out a long, frustrated sigh.

A black horse with a white star between its eyes, nudges me lightly. I smile and stroke its mane. "What's your name?" I look at her stable and a sign hangs above her, 'Midnight'. "Do you mind if I take you for a ride Midnight?" She smartly nods. I need to clear my head, I don't care whose horse this is. I saddle her up, and carefully climb up and sit on top. "That a girl, lets go." We trot out of the stables then she fastens her pace and gallops about. I guide her to a big open field sprinkled with flowers, I get a clear view of the mountains and the giant lake. It's breath taking. I get off Midnight and led her down the hill towards the lake. I spot a family of four having a picnic not to far from the lake. I smile... I miss those days. Me and my parents used to have picnics together. I watch as the little girl hugs her father and the mother cradling her baby. I bite my lip, I could feel tears forming. I hold onto my ring, I try to remember what's it like back then, but nothing came to mind.

I return to the palace and is greeted by... ugh Jack. "So that's where she went." I presume this is Jack's horse. I jump off and stroke her muscular body. "Sorry didn't know she belonged to you." He smiles, "It's fine, next time we go together." Here we go again, "I think I'll pass." He covers Midnight's ears. "How dare you!" I roll my eyes, "I'd rather go by myself."

"Nope, she's my horse so if you want to ride her I have to come with you." Not fair. He leads Midnight back into her stable. "So how was your 'massage' with Mary?" He looks at me annoyed, "Don't ask." I could hear annoyance in his voice. Is he annoyed because I asked him? Alrighty then. I head back towards the palace. "Where are you going?" he calls. I turn around and face him, "Duty calls." He runs up to me, "Screw it."

"Excuse me?"

"I said screw it."

"Do you want me to get into trouble?"

"Hey, I'm the one that appointed you, I own you. I give the orders around here."

"Ha so making out and having sex with a maid is an order?" I continue walking towards the palace he stops me. "What! Do you want me to do that to you too? Is that why you're mad, I'm not giving you enough attention?" I shake his hand off me, "Are you kidding? You're so ignorant."

"I don't understand why you're mad at me." Actually, though why did I get mad...

"Neither do I! ... ugh you know what, just leave me alone." I turn away from him. He spins me around to face him again. "You don't know when to give up don't you, what in leave me alone don't you understand." Without a word he pulls me against his body and hugs me. "What are you..." "Ssshhh." For some odd reason I feel comforted like the raging storm in my calmed down. Why was I angry to begin with?

I could hear his steady heartbeat, compared to mine which is beating rapidly. He rests his chin on top of my head, "You done fuming?" I exhale deeply, "Maybe." I try pushing him but his grip on me is too strong. "Let go..."

"Sorry what was that?"

"Let go..."

"Don't let go? Ok." I could feel him smile.

"Wipe that cocky smile of yours."

"Come on Elsa, what about last night? I allowed you to sleep on my lap."

"Excuse me!" He laughs. "Ok seriously... your highness let go." He doesn't let go. "Ugh... Jack let me go." He drops his arms, "You finally said my name."

"I only said it because I knew it'll work." He cocks an eyebrow and lifts me over his shoulders. "HEY!" "Now, now don't yell at your future King."

"Oh, I'll be out of here when you become King." He stops walking, "Seriously?" Why does he care? For all I know he doesn't give two shits about me, he has many women in his life. "Yeah... I was planning to move back to Norway." He remains silent. Ok weird. "Jack?" "What if I don't become King?" Why is he even asking? "Then... I'll stay I guess."

"Is there a possible chance if say I become King but changed for the better, would you still stay?" What is this guy trying to imply? He doesn't want me to go? Is he telling me he wants me to be his servant forever?

"I might stay...but only so Honey-Lemon doesn't feel lonely."

"I don't think she'll be lonely, she'll have Tadashi."

True...

"The only lonely one will be you."

Son of a, I hit his back.

"Ow calm down."

I realise that I'm still hanging upside over his shoulders, "Um can you put me down?" He snickers, "Fine." He places me down. I could feel my blood rush down back into my body. "All seriousness now I have to finish my duties." "Wait Elsa."

I raise an eyebrow, "Hmm?"

"Can we meet again tonight in the gardens?"

I smile, "Sure."

--------------------------------

Thanks for reading :)