Chapter 8

Elsa's POV

I sit there in shock... she's right though I'm just a commoner and he's a royal. Clearly, we're not meant to be. I start fidgeting with my necklace. The King already approves of her, so I have no chance... hell I never did. Plus, I barely know Jack personally, she has more insight of his life and I don't. She's also perfect for him. So, it's true that childhood friends become lovers. So then why did he kiss me? Is it because I was vulnerable? Sophia was probably right, I am an object he owns, a toy he can mess with then throw me out at the end. Then that kiss meant nothing to him, he only did it for pleasure? Isn't that how he is in the first place, arrogant, cocky and self-fish. The way he looked at her ever since she arrived, the way they dance and the kiss too he didn't hesitate to kiss her in front of everyone... he's in love with her. I gulp. I bite my lip, I try to stop the tears from forming. But they wouldn't obey. I don't want to be in this room anymore. I could feel my heart shatter into a million pieces. I stand up and head towards the door. No one was around. I quickly walk back into my room.

I want to go home. Tears fall from my eyes as I gather my stuff. It's best if I leave tonight... I'll tell Albert I want to resign, my reason would be... I'm no longer suitable for this position? Ugh I'll think of something later. I zip my bag and plop down on the bed. I crawl into a ball and bawl my eyes out. Honey-Lemon comes into the room, her widen, "Els... what happened?" She hugs me, and I hug her back. "Honey... I'm going back home... I'm done here..."

"What? No... Then let me go with you." I shake my head no, "No, no you stay... ok? You stay. You have Tadashi, you have something good here..." She starts crying, "Els... it won't be the same without you... please don't go."

"I'm sorry Honey... keep working for me." I laugh a little.

Later at night I gather my bag. "Uh Albert." "Uh yes Elsa?"

"Um I resign..."

"Why is that?"

"It's not the place or the people sir, it's just me I think my condition isn't suitable for this uh role." He thinks for a while, I hope he buys it. "Have you told Prince Jack?" "Yes sir." I lied. "Ok then thank you for your hard work." I smile and hug him, "Thank you." I exit the palace and walk across the bridge. I look back, "I'm sorry Jack..." I turn away and hurry home.

Jack's POV

I wake up in the morning worried about Elsa. When I came back into the room she wasn't in there. I look beside me and next to me Sophia laid sound asleep. I slowly get up and quietly leave the bed. I get dressed and head out. I look out the window, today feels different. I walk pass Honey-Lemon who makes eye contact with me but quickly looks away. I stop and turn around, "Honey-Lemon." She turns around slowly, "Yes, your highness?" "Where's Elsa?" She looks at the ground, "She's uh doing her normal chores... she could be anywhere." I thank her and head towards my father's study. I knock before I enter, "Come in." "Morning father."

"Morning son... there is something I would like to address."

"And that is?"

He strolls up and down the room, "Princess Sophia, you've known her for years." "Yeah?"

"I was hoping she'd be the woman you'll marry."

I frown, "Marry? Princess Sophia?"

"Yes, she's a beautiful, smart girl. Bonus is that you two know each other very well so it won't be hard to settle down. You don't have to Marry straight away though. When I reach my last year of ruling then you may marry."

"Father that is in five years' time... I've still got time to decide who I want to marry."

He cocks a brow, "Is there another girl you have in mind?"