Chapter 9

Jack's POV

I hear soft crying. I pull one arm away and wipe the tears off her cheek, "Did I do something wrong? Was it the kiss?" She shakes her head, "No it's..." She gulps, "I can't tell you... just go home Jack." She pushes me away, but I grab her again and pull her against me, "Why did you leave? Why did you leave me..." She gazes up at me with those gloomy eyes, "You don't have to pretend to like me. You don't have to pretend you care." "What are you talking about?" She gazes back down to her feet, "You're in love with Princess Sophia and I get it, I get it. You two are close and your father is willing to let you marry her."

I frown in confusion, "In love with Sophia? And about my father how'd you know?" She pauses, I lift her chin to face me, but she wouldn't look me in the eyes. "Tell me." She bites her lip, "Princess Sophia..." Her voice cracks, "She... She's in love with you and you two belong together..." I get agitated, "What did Sophia tell you?" She hesitates but replies reluctantly, "After you left... she reminded me who I was and told me my rights, I'm just a commoner. You're a Prince, a superior. A superior and inferior don't work... she's right Jack." I shake my head in anger, "Don't listen to her. She's envious that you have something she doesn't have." She looks up at me confused. "My heart."

She lowers her head, "Don't. Please forget about me, it'll be easier for the both of us, you live your life I live mine." She says quietly.

"How can I forget about you that easily when I'm crazy about you? Today I went mad looking for you, I was worried. Don't push me away."

"Why? Just why..." She asks faintly.

"You're different than other girls I've met. You're beautiful, talented and unique. Somewhat you're too good for me but you changed me. I was foolish to have not seen you properly from the start." Fresh tears fall down her face, I wipe them gently with my thumb. I lift her chin with my thumb and index finger and kiss her tenderly. She kisses me back hesitantly but then relaxes. I slide my arm around her waist and my other hand running through her platinum blonde hair. She wraps her arms around my neck, I deepen the kiss and she lets out a faint moan. I pull away smiling and lean my forehead against hers, "Come back with me."

"Ok..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter was too short, thanks for reading xoxo