Chapter 10

Jack's POV

She gets her bag and farewell Honey-Lemon's mother. I help her unto Midnight, "Ready?" She nods slightly. "Don't worry about Sophia." We head back to the palace. I help her down and hold her hand, intertwining her fingers with mine. This time I'm not letting her go. Sophia comes running towards us, "Jackie! Where did you..." She stopped midway and looks at Elsa. "Soph, we need to talk?" She looks at me and then back at Elsa, "I-I don't understand! What do you see in her? She's just some commoner! Nothing else. Don't be fooled Jack!" I walk towards her and place both hands onto her shoulder. "Soph... we will talk later but right now, Elsa?" Elsa slowly comes up behind me. "Soph I want you to apologise to her." She looks at me with sadness and anger, "E-Elsa... my apologies of how I treated you before..." Elsa bows, "Much appreciated."

Elsa's POV

I honestly didn't know what to do. I eye Princess Sophia very closely and I spot a mark on her neck. That wasn't there before. It's... a hickey? I look back at Jack and then back at her. Sadness filled my heart, I am very confused. Jack makes me confused. I speak up, "Um I think I'll get some rest..." Jack faces me, "Shall I escort you to your room?" I shake my head slightly, "No need, thank you your highness."

Yes, I know we had a moment before, but I need to stand my place. I'm a commoner who was chosen to work for the royal family. I must obey orders and do them accordingly. I quickly bow before heading off back to the servant's room. Honey-Lemon sees me and jumps up, her arms around me. "Elsa! You're Back! How did he even convince you to return?" I look at the ground, "I don't know... anyways I need to do my duties and not get distracted by Jack." She frowns, "What do you mean?" "There is too much happening, drama, and I need to do what I've been brought in here to do. After all this is done I'm going home... Norway home." My eyes sadden, Honey pulls me in for another hug. "Hush child..."

--- 3 Years Later ---

Over the passed three years, nothing has majorly changed. Honey-Lemon and I still did our duties and responsibilities. Honey and Tadashi's relationship has bloomed over the years. Princess Sophia returned to her kingdom but last year came back and has stayed for quite a long time. Jack... Jack has been busy a lot since his fathers ruling of age is nearly coming to an age. He has been travelling, going to meetings, a lot of royal stuff. Jack and I... nothing has happened. In fact, we haven't talked, or anything just made eye contact or when he needed me to do something but that's it. It's like what happened between us never happened.

Lately, I've noticed that him and Princess Sophia have been awfully close. Not like close the first time I met her, this time it's REALLY close. Almost boyfriend, girlfriend like. Sometimes I spot them cuddling underneath the oak tree... or riding on Midnight. Holding hands, she sleeps in his room, sometimes they both disappear for a day and then return later at night. Or in the morning they arrive to breakfast late...

What I don't understand is... the day I left he was protective and caring but now it's like it's all gone. He basically ignores me, so I ignore him. But deep down it hurts... I admit when I see them together I get jealous. I hate to admit that I've fallen for him. I guess he doesn't feel the same way. Obviously.

I headed towards the market in the town to gather some bread. "Good Morning Elsa, here to collect the royal's bread?" I nod at the baker, "Yes Thomas... how's the baby?" "Ah she's beautiful got her mothers eyes." I smile, "She'll grow up gorgeous." The Baker, Thomas hands me the basket of bread. "Thank you, have a nice day." I wave and head out the store. Just as I was heading back I bump into someone. "I am so sorry, I wasn't seeing where I was..." I made eye contact with yellow gold eyes. They look so familiar. Why do they look familiar? The stranger helps me up, "No it's my fault milady... I'm Pitch, Pitch Black." That name... sounds familiar. Maybe it's just some Déjà vu thing.