Part 5- The Discovery

12:37 p.m.- A tree outside Sycamore's Pokemon Lab

"Why do those twerps always try to get the best of us?!?!?" Jessie complained.

"Because they're twerps, why else?" James replied wearily.

"They make me sick!" Meouf said grumpily

"If only there was a way to bring down their bravado..." James said.

"I know!" Jessie exclaimed

"Is it what I think it is?" Meouf questioned, a mischievous look in his eyes.

"By stealing a pokemon of course!" Jessie said with a wink.

"We almost defeated Pikachu last time and we would have, had not that Froakie, why not this time?"

"Wobbuffet!!" Wobbuffet said, appearing right behind them.

Crack! The tree branch cracked under their weight and then broke.

"Aahhh!"

12:40 p.m. - The Garden

"Wow there are so many pokemon!!" Bonnie gushed, chasing after a cute Chespin.

Nyx smiled and turned to the Professor.

"Professor, have you figured out anything about the spider?"

"No, not yet. I'm afraid that whatever or whoever invented this came up with a way for it to self destruct any information that it might of contained." He paused "That's very advanced, even for us. According to my research, this device is years ahead of us tech wise."

"May I have another look at it?" Nyx questioned the Professor.

"Of course!" the professor handed it to Nyx. "Here you go."

"OK strange, creepy, swirling blue lights, where are you? I could really use your help." Nyx thought, casting out with her mind for them. She closed her eyes, focusing.

"Yipe!" Pup exclaimed.

Nyx's eyes popped open and she gasped, surprised.

If front of her was the strange girl that she had seen when she touched the staff. She beckoned to her and flicked her eyes to the decapitated spider. Nyx reached out and handed the spider to her. The flickering figure turned it over then pointed, or rather gestured because instead of hands it had strange cloak like arms, to a spot on the bottom of of the spider. Nyx walked over and looked at the adamon. A single symbol was there, an insignia of a flame.

The girl looked back at her and a thought pierced her mind.

"Team Flare."

"What?" Nyx asked, stunned.

"Team Flare, they will try to burn up Kalos." The apparition rolled her eyes. "They are so annoying." She looked back at Nyx. "You will find out so too, but be careful," Her tone turned serious "No matter how annoying they are, they are still dangerous. Remember that."

Nyx nodded.

"That spider that you saw is an assassin, sent to kill a certain person, but whoever gets in its way will be harmed too."

"What is your name?" Nyx asked

"My name is Fi. I was a guide to-"

Suddenly she winced and her eyes glowed red. Nyx backed away, wary. The girl turned and on her heel, she saw a spider with its fangs sunk into her leg. Nyx sprang forward and grabbed it, while Pup bit it.

"Grrr!"

"Crack!" The spider broke open, sparking and sizzling. Unfortunately, the head was still stuck in the girl's leg. Nyx tried to pry open the fangs but to no avail. Pup turned to her waist and pulled something out of her tunic. A short silver pen-knife glistened in his jaws. Nyx took it and cut out the spider's head, then took a strip from her satchel.