New Vroenguard

I own none of this. All of this is thanks to Chris for making an awesome story, and this is my tribute: to pick up where he left off. Hope you enjoy!
________________________________

Eragon

The celebrations left me feeling ill, an effect that the faelnirv has on me. I muttered a few words in the ancient language and cleared my thoughts. The words reminded me of my time in Alagaesia, when Arya and I drank the night away, only to be attacked by Murtagh and Nasuada kidnapped. I cast my dark thoughts away, and returned my attention to the task at hand.

Now that the hall way complete, we moved all the eggs and eldunari into their secret chamber deep beneath the stone fortress. The elves and I weaved spells for hours, protecting the vault from nigh on every danger.

A tingle in the back of my mind caught my attention. One of my wards had been tripped, and I needed to investigate as soon as possible.

"Blodhgarm, one of my wards is alerting me to danger within the area. I'd like you and Yaela to come with me, incase it truly is a threat."

"Yes, Argetlam," he nodded.

The three of us set out on Saphira's back. The wind was surprisingly warm for it being so early. As we neared the area of interest, I asked Saphira to land so that we may approach silently afoot. Releuctantly, she obeyed. Blodhgarm and Yaela trailed slightly behind me, both straining, listening to every sound that arose around us.

We turned a corner and an odd scene befell us. Something, was attacking a herd of deer. It was large, about the size of an Urgal, but with no horns and smaller muscles. It was dressed in only a loincloth made of deer hide.

As we neared, it started, then turned and looked towards us. A curious expression contorted his already hideous form. His four eyes were large and completely yellow, aside from small black circles in the center. His nose was hooked, and his mouth long.

It stepped up and roared, baring many yellow and black teeth. It charged forward, attempting to flatten us. Easily, I side-stepped his attack, drawing Brisingr as I twisted, and scored a long gash through the back of his thigh. It roared then, and Saphira flew from the sky, blotting out the sun, and promptly fell upon its back. She pulled two large claws out and placed the impaled thing upon the barren and bloodied earth.

"This should not be," Yaela whispered. She slowly circled, her face scrutinizing and measuring all she saw.

"We must take it with us to Domia arund Vandr, to study it and ask the eldunari if they know what this creature is. Saphira, have you an idea?" I inquired.

No, she answered. I know not of this race. But I do know that they are easy to kill alone, yet could be problematic if they fought in groups.

"Yes, we shall return to Domia arund Vandr, and tomorrow, if it be alright, Shadeslayer, I will go out and search for anymore of these... things." What Blodhgarm presented pleased me, for we needed to know if these things were foe or friend.

"You shall, but take another elf of your choosing with you, in case you run into trouble."

"As you wish, Argetlam," came the reply.
________________________________

Arya

It had been a year since Eragon and the 11 ancient elves had left the protection of Du Weldenvarden, and their abscence was noticeable across Alagaesia. Where Firnen and I went, we heard echoes of our beloved ones. People in smaller cities had begun to worship Eragon and Saphira as gods, that had dropped from the heavens to to vanquish the tyranny Galbatorix had bestowed upon the land. Epics and songs had been made in honor of the pair, and many could be heard for miles around. People within the inner cities wondered where they had gone, and if they would return.

Even more so, they wondered after Firnen and I. Many had been there when we had departed from Iliriea, and rumors had begun to float around that we had become too close, and I hurt Eragon deeply. If only they realized how close to the truth the had come.

Although the elves knew that the duo had left the western edge of the forest, none knew the exact location. I had scryed each elf and Eragon many times, mainly to check on their health, but could not see the surrounding areas. How far they had gone, none knew. However, eventually, I intended to find out.

At the moment, I sat on a hard throne within the Ilirea council room. Nasuada sat to my left, and Grimrr to my right. Orik, Jormundor, Joed, Roran, Nar Garsvhog and Angela also joined us today. Nasuada called us for something, and only she knew.

"Greetings all," she began, "I have summoned you from your homes today for an emergency. As we all know, peace and prosperity has thrived within Alagaesia over the past year. However, as of recent, my supply trains haven't been reaching their destinations."

"Is it another one of Galbatorix's pet magiciansssssss?" Grimrr asked, drawing the last syllable into a throaty hiss.

"I thought that as well, for a time. However, that is not the case." She snapped her fingers, and Jormundor nodded to a page, who open a side panel in the wall and called for it to be brought in.

"This," Nasuada growled, "is what has been attacking my men and stealing my supplies. Joed I asked for you because you may have heard of this race in tales before."

The thing before us was close in height and weight to an Urgal, and that's where the similarities stopped. Where Urgal had horns, this did not. Urgals had eyes and their mouth and face was more shaped than this things. Not to mention, the skin difference. Urgals were grey while this was green.

"I fear that we may have invited danger to the door when we killed Galbatorix," Roran said. "An army of these, men would tremble and run before they fought."
________________________________

Well, I hope it's good so far. I've found a rough schedule of every 3 days I can post a chapter. Let's hope it works. Also, to any readers, let's make this story huge! Tell anyone and everyone about it, and hey, maybe you can turn someone's day around by showing them a new book series (unlikely but still possible). Take care everyone.