The White Killer

I own none of this. All of this is thanks to Chris for making an awesome story, and this is my tribute: to pick up where he left off. Hope you enjoy!
________________________________

Arya

To be fair, the ride was going smoothly. Firnen and she had left the elven homeland early a fortnite ago, searching for the land of the New Era, as they were called in True Alagaesia. Of the many songs and rituals being made of Eragon, the untold and unknown love story of Arya and Eragon has spread within the land, wild fires sticking and moving.

And now, as Queen of the Elves, and friend to Nasuada, it was not her place to leave. Not only due to the fact that she had problems of a nation, or two, or because a whole land was relying on her people for safety and friendship, but because of a new enemy. The dead... thing, had cause her to revisit the hours spent in Galbatorix's cave.

The over hang had been changed into a dragon den, after the elves managed to magically remove the rubble, but the ant mound still remained. Unknown and uncharted tunnels traversed the shadowed castle, rendering its passage impossible for mortal men. Then, the gruesome image flitted across her mind, seeping into her embodiment and filling her mind with its retched looks and smug sneer of confidence and one icy eye.

Firnen's low growl whisked the thoughts from her mind. A noose bound her mind, filling it with joyful memories.

You know, you really are the best thing to ever happen to me, Arya thought.

A purr shook her being, giving her a head ache so bad she had to use magic to clear its effects.

Forgive me, Arya, it still makes me happy to know I found the partner-of-my-heart-and-mind. And that she too loves me the way I love her.

A toothy grin spread her features, and she wrapped her slender arms around his massive neck.

She lay that way for an eternity, enjoying the company of her partner. The slightest twinge in Firnen's being alerted her that something was amiss. Without thinking, she fused herself to him. The world plunged into a vibrant green, and slightly warped, like looking through a fish eye. But, she could see what was bothering Firnen.

Do not worry, little one. It is nothing I can't handle.

Do not let your pride get us killed, the world is depending on us Firnen.

And with that, she returned to her body, severed their connection, and slowly sank into sleep.

Only to be woken but a mental attack so strong, and so quick, if it hadn't had been Firnen, she would've been dead.

Arya!! The storm, it is not as it appears.

She rolled to her feet, padding along his neck, and perching at the bad of his skull.

The once raging snow storm, as seen from leagues away, was now whipped into a starving inferno. Firnen hovered on the outskirts, but even on his warm body, she shivered.

Is there a way around? Arya asked.

No, only... through.

The pair knew that it was not an easy journey from a distance, but up close, she knew it was an impossible trek.

Forget it, we aren't ready for this. W-

No. I will see Saphira again, and I will get you to the Riders.

Are you sure you can handle it, Firnen?

Can a dove not fly in the wind?

She shuttered, then sent a mental nod to him. Using magic, she ensured neither would freeze, the cold would not affect them, and the wind would not affect their eyesight and breathing. And with that, Firnen dove into the raging sea of white.

The first thing she noticed was that once entering the storm, her mind hurt. It was as if a constant pressure was pushing against her mind. Second, that all of her senses were dulled. She could hear little, see nothing, and feel even less.

Panick rose inside her. There was no way that she would live. Firnen had overestimated himself, and the Queen of the Elves would parish in a snow storm.

A wild wind sideswiped Firnen from the clouds, and he fell from the heavens. Water rushed to meet them, hungry to crush them both with its deadly grasp and cold glare. Firnen flailed, spinning rapidly and pushing with all his might.

But it was no use, the water reached up, grabbed them from the sky, and Arya blacked out.

________________________________

Blodhgarm

All he could see was white. All he could feel was nothing. All he could smell was blood. All he could hear was echos. Blodhgarm didn't know where he was, he didn't know what to do, he didn't know if his friends were okay, and he had a raging head ache. The constant spar between him and the entity named Vaal'Geth leaves him mentally drained and physically aching.

Having been known for his mental vice, the struggle was very real, but Blodhgarm knew that he wouldn't last long, especially since he felt the lazy attacks being thrown his way.
He knew, the longer this lasted, the more exhausted he would be. Therefore, he forced his body into a trancelike state.

It freed his mind from the worry of bodily control, allowing total focus on deflecting the knife in his mind. His strength was slowly returning, same as his clarity. With that, he was able to think in coherent sentences other than mental images and sounds.

He threw his mind around to everyone that passed, stealing information as much as he could, but each guards mind was concealed in a shroud if magic. It was there, but everytime he got close, it wriggled out of his grip, and reappeared in a different spot than before.

Having never seen magic this powerful, Blodhgarm understood the level of experience that this spell weaver had. To block someone's mental attacks with magic by making the mind appear in a different spot was beyond the laws that bound him.

As these thoughts crowded his mind, felt his daily chore return. Immediately, his slender probe retracted, and surrounded his conscious. It swirled like a snake, hissing at every attack that came his way. The attacker hesitated, then shoved his ray down its throat. And with it, a sense of power overcame Blodhgarm.

He swallowed the mental probe, and spit it back out, deflecting the attack in such an unusual way, it left. Taking a breath, he undid the spells to keep him bound in a comatose, and let his senses return. Eyes opening, what he found left him scarred. Standing over him, was a man the size of a kull, but broader, and somehow, was lighter on his feet than even Blodhgarm.

The strange fellow, who Blodhgarm assumed to be Vaal'Geth, walked from the holding cell, leaving Blodhgarm alone besides his thoughts.

The mind is the greatest weapon, Blodhgarm smiled. He would escape, and he would also return. There was no stopping Blodhgarm until this was done.

________________________________

A/N

Aha! So we know who the mystery man is! At least, his name and partial appearance. Knowing this, do you think Blodhgarm can escape? Blodhgarm knows that the man is merely playing with his mind, and could brush his defenses aside if he truly wanted to. And what of Arya? She and Firnen thought they could brave the storm that Eragon enhanced, but have plunged into the icy river from many leagues high. Do they live, or is the duo gone from the world forever?

Some questions will be answered next chapter; others, you'll have to wait and see. I assure you, it's not what you'll ever expect.