A Break of Blood

I own none of this. All of this is thanks to Chris for making an awesome story, and this is my tribute: to pick up where he left off. Hope you enjoy!
________________________________

Eragon

Wind whipped at his hair, soft leather contouring to his every curve between his knees. The cold stung, clawing at his eyes and melting through his clothes. He drained his mind of excess thought, focusing only at the task at hand. Through his heightened senses, he could hear the young dragons strain against the wind, struggling to keep aloft.

So be it, we need all the help we can get.

Eragon turned, facing the vast storm wall before them. Bracing for impact, he huddled against the neck spike, as the harsh winds and blinding whites pushed against him. With few words, Eragon clears the space around the young dragons, and Saphira, making a strenuous journey calm.

As they neared the breach, Eragon slumped in his seat, pulled into a mental dream.

The world was cast in vibrant greens, and slightly warped. The trees swayed under a slight breeze, and the grassy plains engulfed a winding blue river. The world was great, and the time was calm.

As time moved forward, Eragon spotted a giant storm wall, despite its size, it looks like an average blizzard, and he has no fear in his heart.

As he draws closer, the storm whips into a frenzy, the wind clutching at his sides.

Are you sure you can make it? A familiar voice asks.

And through the storm they went, and the last thing Eragon remembers, is watching a dark haired figure fall from the heavens, followed by a flailing dark green wing, as the smash into the unbending waves.

Snapping to attention, Eragon gasps. Somehow, Arya and Firnen had found the way to Domia arund Vandr. Somewhere, he and Arya were resting at the bottom of a water-filled pit.

"Draxin, Yaela, it's Arya and Firnen!! They're what made the breach, and they're somewhere beneath the waves. Help me find them!" He screams.

Frantically, Eragon pushed his being into every life source he finds, not finding them at first.

No, no, no.

Frantically, he urges Saphira to the last life source he touched, as it pushed back a little. Breaking the surface, he sensed Saphira's adrenaline spike.

The water was cool across Eragon's skin as he searched for the fallen duo. The water was far deeper than he imagined, and he soon has to surface, gasping for breath. Saphira, however, did not return.

Saphira! he called, frantic.

Once again, he filled his lungs, descending into the water. By using magic to propel Eragon forward, he easily reached the spot where Saphira grappled with Firnen's limp body.

As Eragon neared, his green eyes flew open, and he flailed for a second, before returning to stillness as Saphira attempted to pull Firnen to the banks. Yaela and Draxin joined Eragon, and in a matter of moments, they were able to push the green dragon to the grassy riverbanks.

"Firnen, Arya, where is she?" Eragon asked desperately. The green dragon blinked once, solemnly, and unfolded his massive wings. Lying nestled against his side, was Arya. As beautiful as he remembered, yet paler, and lacking an important vital.

A heartbeat.

________________________________

Blodhgarm

The blue furred elf lay back against the cold wall, hands and feet bound by shackles. His plan was slowly coming to, and yet, it couldn't be further from his grasp. He knew the ins and outs of his cell, he knew most of the surrounding halls by listening to the way sounds reverberated throughout, but the world outside, he was clueless to.

The gray prison bore into Blodhgarm's soul. It knew everything about him, saw all his struggles, his tortures, his failures, and still, held him with an unrelenting glare. It's immovable mass made him groan with displeasure, as there was no way for him to work magic and break through, and doubted that it was normal rock.

Scuffling caught the enhanced hearing of the elven prisoner. Leather boots reverberated throughout, and the door swung inward on hidden hinges.

Stepping forward, Blodhgarm found that the guards were dead. Blood pooled around their slit throats, and a stranger stepped through the doorway.

Or so he thought. This person was no stranger, rather, the herbalist. Angela had come to his aid, she of far seeing, and she of many names, had come to rescue him.

________________________________

A/N

Heavy chapter. My upload time is going to slow, this is a crazy time right now. But, let's focus on the chapter at hand. Arya. That's all I'll say.

As for Blodhgarm, the last person he expected was there to rescue him. Together his hopes are on of escape. Let's see how his plans works.

I'm going to start planning a book of my own. It will be a long time until I start writing about it, but if you like the Inheritence cycle and fictional stories like it, you'll like this one. I have ideas flying in my mind, now I'll have to plan them out, find the plot, the characters names (once they tell me them), and the setting.

Until next time my readers.