Save us, Stronghammer

I own none of this. All of this is thanks to Chris for making an awesome story, and this is my tribute: to pick up where he left off. Hope you enjoy!
________________________________

Roran

Roran's time after the battle for True Alagaesia had not been what he had hoped. Not that much had changed, just that A LOT had changed. Mainly the public opinion of him. Before being dragged into the fray, Roran was known only to his small home town of Palancar Valley. Now, going into town meant facing the hordes of starry eyed peasants begging to meet him.

Roran knew that if he wanted peace, he needed to build his own castle. Winning a battle, keeping dowry that Nasuada so graciously gifted his wife at their wedding, it all contributed to the rebuilding of a once peaceful village. On its course, the whole of it should've taken a couple years. However, with Nasuada's funding and men, the project took a mere 14 months. Roran moved into his cozy 3 story home with his copper-haired lover and crying child, governing his town, and has been at more peace than he could realize.

Sure, he would be sent Royal gifts and pleasentries, was graced be Her Majesty's presence on multiple occasions, and taught the future soldiers of True Alagaesia the ins and outs of warefare. She had tried her hardest to get Roran to lead to Royal Army, but to no avail. Nasuada could not convince him to give up his peaceful life. So, she entrusted him as captain, and he helped when needed. To Roran, it bested the grueling leagues spent the battlefield, and the ghoulish nightmares that scarred his mental.

On this typical morning, all was quiet. Roran untangled himself from his still magnificent wife, Katrina, and padded into his balcony. He did a once over of his Sleeping Beauty, and noted that her hair had more gray in it now, a sign of the constant struggles of raising three children, and being a loving spouse for Roran. That caused him to chuckle.

Staring into the morning mist, sounds caught his attention. Twigs snapped and popped, alerting him to a heavy thing lurking through the fields. The guards at the front gate blew their horn, signaling an incoming visitor. And then, a note flew into the night, causing Roran to fly back into the room, and clothe himself before his visitors could see him half naked.

Stronghammer, the Lady Nasuada and her husband Murtagh request a hearing with you!

Commotion sprung forth, as villigers, soldiers, and Katrina alike woke and found the pair of rulers at their front porch.

"Roran, why didn't you tell me this was to be!! I'm still half asleep, naked, and our children are the same! You can warn your wife about these meetings, you know!" Katrina, to this day, scolded him. It was his favorite quality about her, her ability to keep him in check and mouth back to him when he slipped up.

"Funny thing, their visit was not planned. Even I knew not of their plans!"

Minutes passed, and the red dragon Thorn shook the ground as he landed atop the roof. First, Murtagh appeared over a translucent red wing, followed by an angry Nasuada.

"... yes I know you weren't there when we stumbled across it, but Roran is our best chance," came her ever growing reply to an unknown question.

"My Lady, to what do I owe this early pleasure," Roran knelt, assuming a position of fealty.

"You should know that I despise formalities Roran, the same way you tell your villigers not to bow to you."

"Yes, Nasuada. My question still stands."

"I apologize for the time, but Thorn flew straight from the castle, as the matters at hand can alter the fate of our tranquil land."

Roran started at that, confused by what could be an issue of such urgency. Murtagh took her place.

"It has come to the attention of the council that a new threat seems to be gathering, one more powerful than even the Tyrant King."

"How can this be," came Katrina's breathless question.

"I'll tell, a monster appeared over by the elven forrest. It would not have been such an issue, if the monster hadn't been sabotaging our supply trains, causing the expecting villagers to starve. We had a team go and scour the land for the beings responsible for this, and only found the creature in our holds. My men say it moved as fast as elves, as strong as kull, and it's mind was sealed by magic. Not the creatures doing, as magicians were able to discover that it has no magical capabilities, but it managed to take out 29 Supply trains singlehandedly. And to know that their is a magician strong enough to seal another's mind into even death, the capabilities there astound me." Roran soaked her words in.

"Why have you come to me, Nasuada?"

"Before you interject, hear me out. The battle for Alagaesia only interested you due to your brother being the lands final hope, and Katrina's kidnap. Otherwise, you and your family would be living as farmers to this day. Yet, since you joined the Varden, you displayed leadership roles and intuition and intellect beyond normal means in a soldier, killing 200 men single handedly and rescuing the captain of your squadron. In this upcoming war, with unknown enemies, and yes, I can sense the flocks of war gathering, we will need someone with these skills. Roran, you are the only hope we have of saving the land. We need you to lead the army, or else, we will perish. What say you?"

Roran threw his hands up in exasperation, licking them behind his head and began pacing. He thought long and hard, attacking this decision from every angle.

"As long as my family is safe and cared for, I... accept."

________________________________

Eragon

Slash

Parry

Parry

Evade

Feint right, overhand loop

Evade

Feint right, jab

CRACK!!

Invidia's right arm buckled, the bone shattered. Bowing, the two faced the group of surrounding elves.

"Once again, Eragon bested us. He seems to grow in prowess and cunning as each day passes, soon to overcome even an elves. Thank you for sparring, master, it was much appreciated." Invidia's praise hung in his ears.

The elves each bowed respectively, then hollered at the display of swordsmanship each showed. And all was happy, joyous, until red lightning flashed through the room.

"The snowstorm, it's wards have stopped something. Shall we investigate it, KingKiller?" asked Yaela.

Eragon's only reply was running up Saphira's foreleg, her blue eye humming with urgency.

"Take your dragons, this is their first flight, and most difficult. Whatever it stopped crushed the defenses. We will need to double the intensity, as it was almost broken."

And with that, the dragons raced to the site of the breach, with no idea what was in store for them.

________________________________

A/N

Sorry for the inconsistent uploads, I'm low key in trouble and can't be on my phone much. BUT, I'll always do my best to upload for you.

And question, how would you, as the reader, feel for a romance, and indepth romance scenes? Comments appreciated. It would be used to develope the plot, and as a side plot. Enjoy the story though!