Chapter 25 - Upsetting conversations & unclear futures

My eyes shut close at the mention of me being pregnant, my first reaction would be to completely bash out on him and yell as loud as I could in his face until he fully understood the damage he had done by telling Justin in this moment.

He had just found out that I slept with Lucas and now I was throwing this information down his throat, too? Was I trying to give him a heart attack? It wasn't fair and I didn't know how to save the situation from here.

I sneaked a glance at Justin's face and he took a step forward, closer to me which had me wanting to back again but the wall behind me was stopping me from doing so. I shouldn't feel guilty but that was the only feeling that was rushing through my body, intruding every single nerve that it could possibly get. My eyes were forcingly going back and forth between his eyes, not knowing which one to look into and not knowing what to expect next. Both his eyes looked dark but confused. It was a mixture of emotions that I couldn't really make out one by one.

He hadn't said anything for at least a solid twenty seconds.

Lucas looked guilty too and I saw him mouth that he was sorry to me. Sorry for breaking, what might be, the most important news of my life. I wanted to hate him but I knew that he was in a quite stressful situation too which had me going a little easy on him.

So I nodded, letting him know that it was okay. The news had to get out one way or another, anyway.

"When were you going to tell me that?" Justin asked, his words low and I couldn't figure out whether he was trying to collect himself or if he was still recovering from the shock, "When did you find out?"

"I know you have a lot of questions and that's okay," I assured him, "But maybe we should focus on the fact that there's a baby-"

"When were you going to tell me?!" His voice got louder and I jumped uncomfortably at his harsh tone. He took a few steps forward which didn't seem to be Lucas favourite thing because he was quick to be by my side.

"I want you to back," Lucas said as he stepped in between me and Justin. I saw Justin's eyebrows raise and I already knew that this was going to end badly. Lucas didn't seem to care about Justin's reactions to his words because he continued to push him further, probably thinking of the previous situation where he had pushed me, "I don't want you that close to her, back up."

Justin scoffed, "The last time I checked, she wasn't your girlfriend."

"Well, the last time I checked I was the one touching her and not you," I hated Lucas for continuing the comebacks when we had already been through that. I really didn't need another fight between them to occur. Although my wishes were not their command because, within a second, Justin clenched his jaw before he violently threw himself forwards to punch Lucas again.

"Stop!" I screamed quickly, interrupting them before something else could happen. Justin calmed down at the sound of my voice and I hated myself for having that effect on him. It would be much easier if we all just despised each other. It would make this entire break up so much simpler.

Justin wasn't satisfied with my actions, though, "You're going to let him talk to me, like that?"

"Justin, you're clearly upset." I took a deep breath, trying to remind myself what it felt like in the courtroom so that the aching in my chest could disappear and go back to rejecting him. All I wanted was to wrap my arms around his neck and tell him that it was going to be okay, "I think maybe we should all calm down."

"This is bullshit," He shook his head violently and I bit my lip to keep myself from saying anything else. It was better to let him have this moment, to just let him cool down for a bit, "You're all fucking bullshitting me. I didn't sign up for this-"