Chapter 12 - The Punishment

Disclaimer: This chapter includes a very small "assault"/"abuse" moment. In no shape or form am I trying to encourage or promote that behaviour! If you are easily triggered by this, I recommend not to read this chapter. I think it should be fine, it's definitely not anything major, but I wanted to put that out there just in case. 

Enjoy the rest.

♡♡♡

Entering the office this morning was surprisingly quiet. The people who usually sat and discussed things over the phone, answering the constant calling, were out of place and I couldn't even see a receptionist sitting. I noticed the entire ground floor was fully empty.

A slight panic shot through me as I reached for my phone, thinking that maybe I got the time wrong but when I noticed that it was eight am, sharp, my eyebrows furrowed together and I once again looked around the ground floor. Still, no one was to be seen.

"What the fuck," I mumbled quietly to myself, my head slightly tilted as I proceed to the elevator as I would usually do. I tried to ignore the knot forming in my stomach and while I was waiting for the fifth floor to come in sight, I hurriedly googled on holidays. Nothing came up in my results, though, which only confused me further.

What was going on?

Hearing the ping coming from the top of the elevator, telling me that I was on the correct floor, I stepped out with hesitant steps. It was quiet. Not a single person was seated in their personal offices as I walked past the glass windows. The only thing that really wasn't made out of glass was the doors between the panes.

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by two low harsh voices and I immediately halted. My entire body froze as I realised how familiar the voices sounded and I knew that they were arguing. The Bieber brothers. Justin and Alex were harshly whispering to one another in Alex's office. It was about three offices away from where I was standing currently.

I didn't know what to do. I couldn't hear what they were saying but I knew that I wasn't supposed to hear the conversation. The curiosity within me grew before I could try and stop it. My feet were slowly walking towards the direction of Alex's office to be able to figure out the words they were saying.

No one else was here and I'm sure they were aware of that - why were they speaking with such low tone?

"I swear to God, Alex-" Justin grumbled a little louder than before, making me freeze as my heartbeat quickened, but then he went back to muttering things underneath his breath and I cursed him in my mind for not speaking louder.

I knew that there was a high possibility of them noticing me, not really being able to hide anywhere considering the glass was everywhere. If I wanted to hide, I had to stand outside their door directly. So, I glanced over, seeing the shadows of their backs against me. Perfect. It was my chance of moving quickly without them noticing me, if they weren't looking out the office then they couldn't see me.

I took my shot, moved my feet quickly and within a second, I was standing straight outside Alex office's door and I smirked to myself in victory as their voices became a lot clearer to me.

"I thought I told you not to see her-"

"Shut up," Alex cut him off and my heart stopped beating in fear for Alex. I thought of what he was putting himself through and I think we all slowly were somewhat afraid of him, "If I wanna see her then that's happening."

"She's not interested in you-"

"Really?" Alex interrupted Justin's voice and I imagined him smirking, he had that teasing tone in his voice that I had heard so many times before. Knowing they were brothers, I could connect their behaviours to one another. It's very similar and the way they both smirk when they say something smug proved me right, "We fucked last night."