Chapter 11 - Awkward Dinner

After the constant talk about that date, I had finally agreed to have dinner with Alex. He had been down my throat about it, questioning me why I would say no to such thing considering it would be free for me. In other words, he didn't think I had anything to lose.

The whole view he made it seem as got me even more hesitant but for some reason, I had now promised him to go out tonight. It was just one dinner, nothing that I would die by.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Alex but not in that way and he's trying to get a little intimate with me which I'm not really looking for. I only wanted to be friends but for some reason, he doesn't seem to be able to accept that.

But if one date was what was needed for him to shut up, then I guess it wouldn't do any harm. At the end of the day, I did get free enjoyable food from it.

"You look great," I heard Lucas say as he popped his head in the doorframe, the smile very apparent on his face as if he was proud of me.

I had forced him to come over as quickly as possible to help me pick out a dress. Lucas had a very feminine side to him that he refused to agree with me on but deep inside, he knew I was right. His style was incredible, especially when it came to women. No one could pick out a female outfit as well as he could, it almost made me laugh at how stupid I must look to him whenever I wear my own outfits. I'm a mess compared to him.

I smiled back, my hands roamed over the dress to tighten any fabric that was out of place, "Thank you."

Lucas shrugged and a little grin was tugging at the end of his lips, "He's going to question himself what he did to deserve a date with you."

"Well, do you do that?" I wiggled my eyebrows as I made my joke. Although, apparently, he didn't find it as funny as I did consider his face stayed the same.

"I'm always questioning myself what I did to deserve you," His gaze was deep, an emotion very unlikely him that for a second I thought he was telling me something I didn't want to hear from him, but as always, within a few seconds he chuckled quietly to himself and overplayed his own sayings, "Then again, that might be for different reasons than your beauty."

"Don't scare me like that," I walked up to him only to push his chest slightly so that he took two or three steps back. I felt a relief that he was joking because sometimes I do tend to think he has a little bit of a crush on me, by that I mean more than just attraction, "I hate you. Gosh."

He laughed some more, making me roll my eyes at him as I told him to get out of here so that I could fix the rest of myself before my date arrived. We had decided to meet at eight. Alex would come here and pick me up. Lucas complained, said that nothing that I was to do required him to actually leave.

I laughed at his statement, "You're so stupid. I don't mean because I'm going to get dressed-"

"Of course not," A quick little chuckle was heard from his mouth before he finished the sentence I already knew he would use against me, "I've already seen you naked."

"Just because you've seen me naked once doesn't mean you always have a free card," I complained, another roll of my eyes being seen as the flashbacks of our drunken night shot through my memory sharply, it was a night shared between the two of us for over a long time ago. 

I've heard the rumours that it's impossible for a girl and a boy to stay best friend without some sort of tension between them and I would be lying if I said that wasn't true. I don't look at Lucas in any other way than us being friends but of course, if we both get a lot to drink and we're alone, I wasn't surprised that it happened. I think everyone in our surroundings was waiting for it to happen too, maybe that's why we've chosen to be only us now. We let go off most people.