Chapter 26 - Tying the Knot

Two weeks later.

I stared at the TV, seeing yet another campaign about someone being pregnant. Back then, I would have never noticed these types of advertisement but since the news broke, it felt like there were babies around me at all times.

Justin had been overly protective of me and barely let me go out of my own house without someone following me. He was making sure that I wasn't hurting myself, which I definitely wasn't and considering I was only a few weeks along there were no chances of anything happening, and he was financially supporting me until I found something better.

I had kindly declined the Atlanta offer even though it stung in my stomach to do so. Somehow, Justin had convinced me that staying here was the better option for the both of us and that if I did stay here, he could fully support me with whatever I needed quickly. It was true, he was extremely quick to fix anything that I needed when I called. He had guys all over town to help me get through these nine months.

I did appreciate it but it was kinda odd to have strangers come over to your place as if they were your friends.

Lucas had left and gone back home, with the threats of Justin not allowing him to be in my apartment, which I didn't complain that much on. Not only because I knew Justin was stubborn and I would never win an argument against him about that matter but also because I could see it from his perspective. I wouldn't want him around a girl he'd slept with either. So, I accepted his suggestion of letting Lucas go back home.

If I needed someone or something, he had put me on speed dial.

We weren't back together, I was still a little iffy about him and what he did but he was doing everything in his power to make me change my mind. It was cute but also a little bit annoying. He would bring flowers over, out of nowhere, and surprise me with expensive dinners.

The past two weeks, he had shown me how badly he wanted to be back in my life and I guess I could say that I was slowly falling back to where we used to be. The more dates we went on, the closer he got to me and last night when he drove me home, he had asked to stay over. And I had said yes.

Nothing happened between us, even though I could feel his hands on my body as I fell asleep, but it was a nice feeling to sleep in the same bed as him again. It was relaxing, his presence made all my senses calm. He didn't have to say or do anything, just be there

Walking around the house, not caring about watching yet another baby commercial, I was searching through the papers and all other places where I could find a decent job. I knew that I would have to change career path, although Justin did tell me that the offer to come back to the office would always stand, but I wasn't as mad about it now as I thought I would be. I was slowly becoming okay with the thought of working at a fashion store or being a merchandise for a company. I had some ideas of working as a company's personal lawyer, that could totally work too. 

Yet, there were no jobs to be applied to at the moment and I doubt anyone would hire an already pregnant woman; knowing she wasn't going to stay that long anyway. So far, no luck.

"Knock, knock," I jumped at the sound of Justin's voice behind me, the clock was around lunch which was a very unusual time for him to be done at work. Also, he didn't have a key so what surprised me the most was that he was standing in my living room. 

I frowned, "How did you get in?"

"The front door was unlocked," He shrugged, barely giving any weight to the fact that he had tried to step inside before calling the doorbell. Repeatedly, he had asked me when he would be allowed a key to my apartment but I had kindly declined it with the fact that he didn't live here, "I thought you wouldn't mind."