Chapter 34 - Back to being a daddy

if you've missed me and my updates, because it's been a while, make sure to leave some extra comments to encourage me into writing some more updates for y'all!! 

:) sorry for being gone so long!

//

Watching a child play outside my window only made me anticipated to birth my own. My hands were on my stomach though I barely was showing, yet the tiny bump grew for each day. You could almost see it now but if you held your hands out, you could definitely feel it. 

Sometimes I imagined I could feel a little kick inside but I knew that was too early to consider. The idea of someone kicking inside your belly was a strange one yet it excited me, made me feel anxious for the days to pass by even faster.

My smile grew wider when I saw Justin chase Noah around the garden. It was a surprise to the both of us when Marissa had called to ask if we could have him for the day, her excuse being something about her work. She was going out of town and would be back tomorrow to pick him up, ten o'clock in the morning sharp.

"You can't run!" Justin called after the eight-year-old boy, his giggles being heard through the garden. I laughed softly, seeing the two of them enjoy their day.

The day was going great so far and I was enjoying the extra company, knowing how great it was that we got to practice having a child around. Justin knew a lot more than me about raising a child, which seemed surprising until you thought about the fact that he did raise Noah until he turned six years old. Which is a pretty long time.

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud noise from inside, that didn't seem to bother the two kids (yes, Justin was acting like a child so I was allowed to call him that) playing outside. 

I furrowed my eyebrows at the sound of the doorbell, neither Justin or I was expecting any visitors which had me wanting to shout at Justin to go get the door. Although, seeing the two of them play around in the garden made me realise I didn't want to interrupt that.

I wasn't sure why I had such a bad feeling in my stomach while walking to the door, I guess being alone and opening the door to strangers wasn't the most likeable thing when your boyfriend is a known super lawyer.

Getting to the door, I really wish we would have chosen doors that had windows. I bit my lip, trying to push the bad feeling out of my body and instead focused on the fact that it could be any harmless person. Finally, my hand opened the door and I was surprised to see the person on the other side, standing there.

"Matthew?" I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to think of when I had given him my address.

"No Maldives here, I see?" He gave me a teasing smirk, probably thinking Justin had lied about the trip. I didn't blame him for that, especially not since I thought myself that Justin lied.

I bit my lip, suddenly feeling guilty for not have used that phone number he gave me, "I'm so sorry about that, we went but then we had to go back home because of something that happened in Justin's life. I should've called you, it completely slipped my mind."

He smiled and stepped inside, without me actually inviting him too but I didn't mind. His hair was a little messy which was unusual for him and his clothes looked slightly dirty. I didn't want to ask him since it seemed rude but I really had to bite my lip in order not to. We used to be really great friends but for some reason, I feel like time has changed and things were slightly awkward between us now.

Maybe that awkwardness occurred after we slept together, last year. 

"Well, I happen to have a friend who knew you were home so I thought I could just stop by?" I smiled as I watched him take off his jacket, hanging it on a hanger right beside the mirror in our hallway.