Chapter 10 - The pleasure

I bit my lip as I watched Justin drag himself upwards to the underneath side of my desk. Somehow I had ended up locking the drawer that connected to the desk so that I couldn't pull out any papers anymore. It annoyed me so I had asked Justin to help me fix it, which might have been a stupid idea.

He leaned over to the side and I noticed his shirt came up a little. His tattoo-filled abs were suddenly on display in front of me and the heat between my legs instantly rose. What was I doing to myself?

I should probably look away.

"There you go, all fixed," He gave me a smirk and my cheeks slightly blushed as I hoped he wouldn't notice how aroused I was feeling right now. I don't know if I make myself look visible but I was very happy that I was not a guy right now. I would have been instantly caught, "Let me know if you need anything else."

The way he said it, the way he shot me a wink after that sentence, it was like he could see right through me.

I wasn't sure what was wrong with me today, a couple of days had passed since the whole office sibling-incident happened and all three of us were avoiding the situation and acting as if it never happened. Both Alex and Justin were ignoring each other, I could understand why, and I didn't talk to them about anything personal anymore. I had gone strictly professional.

Until today, when my desk decided to be a bitch and forced me to stare at Justin being all handy and fixing it, for a straight ten minutes. I don't think I had ever seen anything as attractive as him laying on the floor, using his hands and all these tools to fix my problems. Well, there was one tool he had not used that would definitely all of my problems.

Gosh, be professional, Jessie!

"Thank you!" I said, trying to save myself more embarrassment. I could tell that he saw how heated my body was right now and even though you may not be able to see it physically, it was like he read my mind mentally. Was I that much of an open book to him? "I'll definitely let you know."

I tried to ignore the sexual pun that was involved in his sentence but he couldn't let it be, he just had to wink at me again, make me flush one more time. He was living off it, he loved the attention and I didn't blame him, I loved the attention that he gave me too which happened to be the exact same type. The sexual attractiveness.

I hated how the tension kept growing between us for each day and I wasn't sure how much longer I would last acting this professional. He was driving me crazy with all the flirting. The fact that he did it all on purpose made me even madder because it was totally working.

Justin exited my office and I felt a small disappointment that my mouth hadn't automatically questioned him to stay. It would have been a stupid idea but sometimes my mind doesn't get to stop my actions in time and it turns out better than I once thought. I was hoping it would be one of those times but since I didn't stop him for leaving, I assumed it was only a sign that I really shouldn't be thinking of my boss in that way.

"Shit," I mumbled to myself, reminding the other part of me that I had to go back to work asap. I had so much to work on for this upcoming case if I even wanted to have a chance against Justin.

The fact that I was meeting him in court was scary but exciting. I wanted to see his smirk vanish off his face when he loses his first case - especially to me. His speechless face will be my pleasure to witness. Yet, there was more than a few months until the trial but I already felt like I was behind my schedule.

I would have to work really hard if I wanted to have a chance against him.

Trying to concentrate on the documents in front of me, all I could see was the colour yellow that had been lined with a few words. I took a deep breath, really trying to get the sudden images of a shirtless Justin out of my mind. Was he allowed to make me feel this way at work? How is my body reaction so heavily to his?