chapter eight

day 26

I woke up from my dreamland with the feelings of I couldn't get away of. Apprehension. Agitation. Nerve-wracking. Combining all those together, that's how messed up my heart right now. I could hardly sleep properly thinking of what I've been doing last night at Wonwoo's house. This is all his fault for being ill the whole day. Been a total different man that I knew from before. For hadn't call me a maid or a slave as long as I was there yesterday.

And now here I am, getting stuck and my brain went completely blank of how I'm going to overcome with my feelings to face him. I wonder how will he react to me if he sees me today, will he be super awkward and turning into an introvert person again? Or will he tease me and make jokes of me for falling for his acting? I brush my thoughts away slightly as I rise up from the comfy bed so that I can proceed my day with peace.

Dragging my feet lazily across the kitchen, I greet Ji Eun as she's stuffing half of the toasted bread into her mouth. I wash my hands followed by plopping down opposite Ji Eun-unnie as she stares at me, astonishment. “Where were you last night? You reached home quite late, was something came up?”, she questions as she wipes off her mouth at the edges using the tissue.

“Yeah, I work extra hours”, I lie, pouring the coffee into a cup, “by the way, do you remember the snobbish guy that you mentioned on your blind date day, Jeon Wonwoo?”, I ask.

Ji Eun nods in return and I continue to express again, “I work under him”, I say truthfully and she nearly choke on her food. “How come?”, she asks simply and sipping the coffee from her mug. Munching my bread slowly, I respond to Ji Eun as she's waiting for my answer, “I wasn't trying to embarrassed myself but there were no any suitable jobs in the town last time, that's why I ended up working for him. At first, I thought I'll work in his mother's house, instead it was Wonwoo's house”.

“So that means, the last time when you went for the blind date, you had your date with your own boss?”, she asks and gawking so slightly as I nod softly. “Ugh, Eun Jae-ah, I'm sorry for making you went on a date with that snobbish boy! You must be embarrassed to appear in front of him that moment”, Ji Eun utters.

I shake my head and a simple no escapes from my lips, “I was shy at first but after having a coffee with him, he's not that as bad as you think”, I speak, taking another bite of the toasted bread. “He's not that bad? You're the first girl who would ever compliment him like that”, Ji Eun retorts as she stares at me thoughtfully, “Jeon Wonwoo plays hard to get a lot during his high school years”.

“What do you mean by playing hard to get? Do you happened to like him?”, I ask Ji Eun curiously, my head tilts to the right side a little. She gawks at my sudden question, “Well, I used to like him to be honest maybe because he's a rich kid and handsome as well but his friends said Wonwoo is quite picky”, Ji Eun eventually says.

My face contorts into a frown after I heard her explaining the true colours of Jeon Wonwoo. Without knowing that I was already in deep, dazed thoughts, Ji Eun pokes my hand lightly, “Eun Jae-ah, don't tell me you fall for Jeon Wonwoo”, says Ji Eun as she wiggles her eyebrows playfully.

What if the answer of Ji Eun's question is a yes? Am I in love with Jeon Wonwoo? Did I already for fall Jeon Wonwoo who unexpectedly made those stomach-tightening little things? No way.