chapter twenty two

[ EUNJAE P.O.V ]

We startled. There was a slight knock on our house's door. We both stayed silent and eyes averting to the wooden door. Dragging my feet eagerly towards the door, the object swung openedrevealing the sight of Jeonghan. He smiled in the first place before he could return a greet, "I actually felt bad for not answering your calls last night, I just wanna make sure that you're alright that's why I'm here".

My eyes softened at Jeonghan's words. It was written all over his face that he got worried of me but he had to rush to somewhere; his mother had to hospitalize for having high fever. "Senior look, I'm all fine now. The most importantly, your mother's health is all that matters to you. I would totally understand your kind of state last night". Ji Eun interrupted our short conversation as she appeared with my luggage on her side.

"Where are you going though, Eunjae's housemate? Planning for a vacation?", Jeonghan snapped, a chuckle escaped so slightly from his mouth. Ji Eun shook her head instantly, "It's not mine. It's Eunjae's, she's going back to Jeju today".

Jeonghan gawked at both of us while kept on exchanging quick glances, "You should've tell me that you're going back to hometown this morning otherwise I can drive you over there". My eyes widened at his idea, head shook numerously as I disagreed with him, "No, I can go by the public transportation. I don't wanna put a burden on you, Senior. I'm really fine", I said.