chapter fifteen

day 60 •

My eyes blurred at the view of surrounding that was welcomed by shimmering sunlight through the white curtains, as I slowly let out a groan and a huge yawn from my mouth once the alarm blares the whole room. After I extend my phone to turn off the alarm, I grab my blanket tightly without even worrying about going to classes in the morning.

School's break has been started over a week now and taking a nap in the morning is my favourite thing to do after I worked my ass off for the mid-term test and quizzes last week. I really hope I could pay off my sleepless nights with these kind of activities every day.

Verbally, I wasn't sure if my feelings towards Jeon Wonwoo has eventually vanished after two months of facing him? Overall from time to time, I tried to distract myself with load of work in those house around. Refraining myself from chatting with him every single time, avoiding those eye-contact moments and preventing myself to laugh at his sense of humour.

Next thing ever since Choi Seungcheol appeared in my boring, pathetic life, he was the one who helped me to move on from Jeon Wonwoo. Seungcheol and I— we aren't in any kind of relationship yet but I could tell, he's slowly showing the hints that he likes me. Even on the ball's night that I spent with him, I could sense something suspicious from Seungcheol.

After I've been rejected by Wonwoo, I swear in the top of my heart I'll never ever repeat the same, damn mistakes again even with Seungcheol. Although Seungcheol treats me very nicely, I shouldn't easily fall for it. I'll never be the first who would fall for it and I'll never be the first who start to confess. Never again.

I finally get straight up again, stretching out my arms and numb legs as I groan in relieve. When both of my feet eventually meet the wooden ground of the room, I grab my phone on the bedside table managing to see what's the time right now. My friends and Jeonghan promised me to hang out with me at 11 p.m so I atleast have two hours to get ready.

This is the moment that I've been waiting for this whole semester— having fun with some friends from the campus and go for drinks atleast with one guy once. Last year was messed up and boring, I've been spending my break by going back to my hometown in Jeju. I never said that I'm ungrateful to meet my parents but a youth like me should atleast enjoy my life with friends too, right?

My parents were somewhat feeling lighthearted to have me at home last semester as they eager me to take a look after my younger siblings. I made them meals three times a day, helped my mother in her farm and sometimes I joined my dad to catch fishes and seafood at the sea. Although its tiring to death but every single thing I did was worth when it comes with my family.

——

"What you're guys up to after we're having coffee later?", I shot a sudden question to three of them— Senior Jeonghan, Hyerin and Dae Hee as they were deliciously sipping their coffees blissfully. Jeonghan shrugs in return, while Hyerin and Dae Hee speak up at the same time, "Shopping!" "Theme Park!"

Jeonghan's eyebrow knit together as he turns to Hyerin, "Shopping? Are you kidding me? Have you been spending your semester like that before?". He asks followed by laughing at Hyerin right after that. Hyerin glares at Jeonghan as she mutters slowly, "If you don't like my idea, you shouldn't join us, Senior!"

"Hyerin-ah, Senior was right though, how can we spend our first day together with shopping? We're going to have super fun, not end up getting bored in the mall!", Dae Hee interrupts, agreeing the idea of shopping will bore all of us at the end of the day. "Please don't rush things guys, make a right decision wisely", I say.