chapter twenty three

[ EUNJAE P.O.V ]

day 63 •

"Mom, can I excuse myself? I need to take some fresh morning air by the beach", I say, replacing a pair of chopstick on my bowl's side and wiping the corner of my mouth with a napkin. "besides, I haven't take a stroll around the town for quite a while now, will you let me go mom?". The frown begins to pop on my face as I beg to my mother but when there is barely a response from her, I turn to my father. "Dad, please? I promise I'll take care of myself, I'll just go for an hour and be back instantly".

"Of course you can go, my precious daughter. Just go out to spend your leisure time but as like you said just now, promise that you won't get hurt or anything", Dad replies as he scoops a spoonful of rice, shoving them into his mouth. "Yeah, promise!". I take out my pinky finger while sending him my reassure expression against my face, "How about you mom? Will you let me off this time?", I retort while facing at her with the expression I had earlier.

"Sure Eunjae, you are welcome to go but please stay for a bit to clean the dishes once we're all finish eating. Do you get it?", Mom's eyebrow raises as she speaks fiercely but in a soft tone. "Wash the dishes huh? Why not? I'm used to it by the way. I have becoming a maid for two months surely I gained skills through that", I say, pouring the plain water into the glass to drink. "How was the work? Are you doing okay?", Dad suddenly snaps.

I sip the drink beforehand, quit staring at both of them, "I did. But I already quit the job". My father chokes on his food while my mother widens her eyes at my answer, "What happen, hon? Did something happen to you? They didn't pay enough salary?". I shake my head, disagree, "No, I thought I should be more focus on my studies the next semester. Besides, I still have the saving in my bank, I'll make sure to use them wisely soon".

"You are right. Don't worry about your financial, both of us are still able to support your monthly allowance", Dad says simply. I nod and avert my gaze to the food- I thought he's going nuts, yet he's the most understanding person when it comes to my life hardships. "Thank you, dad, mom. Without your help and support, I'll surely have given up on studying.....", I say.

"Oh my my, quit this drama and eat quickly. I thought you're going to take a stroll later? I'm done eating now, patiently wait for your turn to finish those bowl of rice", Mom says spontaneously, rising up from the seat to pile the dishes in sink. "Mom, please stop. I'm not being a dramatic, I'm telling a fact! Plus why did you put so much rice into my bowl?". I giggle and Dad follows right in when we exchange playful glances. "Because you love rice, hon! I cook so much for you so that you can eat healthily.."

"Oh okay okay! I will eat as much as I want since I didn't get much food while I'm in Seoul. But please don't tease me when I started to gain weight because of your home meals", I reply and shuffle into the kitchen eventually to help her with the dishes.

--

09:35 a.m.

The inner-self has brought me here- the uncrowded beach. I want to feel the peace in order to moving on with my day. Sun kisses and glows against my skin as I'm feeling the grainy sand comforts my bare-feet alongside the shore when I walk. The warm wind blows through my body as I stop my feet from strolling, hands begin to fumble against the phone's screen for a view picture. "Wow, this is surprisingly a beautiful pic", I talk to myself happily.