chapter twelve

Before I could farther and return the kiss that Wonwoo had given on the edge of my lips, he groans in disbelief, pulling his mouth and pushing me away slightly from the current position. "I must have gone too far", Wonwoo confesses whilst lowering his sight to the ground, "Eunjae, I'm sorry I didn't have any intention to do that to you".

My hand that was resting on his shoulder eventually lets go of it slowly as I remain the glare on Wonwoo, "What has gotten into you? Do you have something that interrupts your mind Wonwoo?", I ask curiously, eyebrows knit together in cofusion. He shakes his head and turns to look at me again, leaving the sudden guilt expression onto his face, "Nothing's come up, I just don't feel good, do you want to have drink with me? I think we should take a break for a bit"

"Yeah, sure why not?", I respond and we begin to leave the dance floor with those vague feelings. Wonwoo quicken his pace to the table that we had dinner just now, causing him to abandon me from behind. As we both finally reach the table, Wonwoo ushers me to stay as he said he will get the drinks for both of us. I take the mask off while waiting for him, relieving out a exaggerate sigh. I was just feeling confused about this dude.

"Alone this time huh?", a husky voice cuts off my deep thoughts as he lands his butt on the seat next to mine. It is Choi Seungcheol. "Don't you mind if I'm sitting here right next to you now?", he asks, gulping down some wine into his throat from the glass.

I smirk playfully in return, "No, I'm not alone, just waiting for Wonwoo to get me the drinks and sure thing you can sit here", I say, as if I'm welcoming Seungcheol's presence with those seductive stares of his. "you sure know how to flirt with women, huh Seungcheol? Won't your girlfriend over there get mad to see you hanging around with me?".

Seungcheol grins through his teeth at my sarcastic question then taking another sip of his drink, "The woman that I'm coming with tonight is not my girlfriend, she's just a friend of mine", he says. Both of us are drowning in those silence for a minute before Seungcheol starts it again, "I saw the whole thing", he pauses in the middle of his sentence, "you and Wonwoo kissed each other just now".

"So, are you guys like, starting to date with each other after the incident happened?", Seungcheol blurts out as he turns his face to me. I gulp a bile in my throat and answer a no in stuttering, "We're not even dating each other, I mean, we haven't start to date or anything because things are just so confusing".

He then stares at me thoughtfully, "Do you like Jeon Wonwoo, by any chance?", Seungcheol asks an unexpected question, followed by giving a quick smirk right after that, "But just in case if you're really into him, then just do it. Confess to him right away because I know who Jeon Wonwoo actually is, he's not the type who would confess to a girl in the first place".

"Why do you have to rush me? It's not even your problem whether I like him or not", I reply, as if there is a trace of nervousness in my voice. I try to remain sit as comfortable as I could while waiting for Wonwoo to come back but his appearance is nowhere to be seen.

I thought Seungcheol was going to stay shut after a few moments but then he arises up again with another idea, "Well, I'm just telling you what's right, Eunjae. It's up to you whether you want to agree or not but why don't you tell him the truth? The truth that you like him so that you don't have to deal with the burden that you've been carried for so long. He was the one who kissed you and made you feel real bewildered".

"But, are you sure confessing is the right thing to do? Doesn't it sound too desperate?", I say and folding my upper lips behind the teeth. "You may be right but I'm still lack of confidence, so it takes time for me to do it".

Seungcheol looks down on his lap and return back to look at me as I wait for his response, "Just take your time. You need to confess if you really like a person so badly and you need to hear his explanation as well soon so it won't confuse neither both of you. Remember, confessing isn't just for men okay, women also have rights to confess because who knows you'll have your own luck soon?", he retorts, an eyebrow raises.

I somehow agree with Seungcheol. If I really do like Wonwoo, why would I torture myself by keeping the untold confession in my heart like this? If I really do into him, why would I let go this chance away so simply? Jeon Wonwoo, he kissed me in the first place and made me fall for him. It was his fault for turning me into the person that I don't want to be. He must've a reason why did he do that- something that he likes about me too?

--

day 32 •

My life has turned back normal after I reached home right after 12 in the midnight- those glory fairytales turned into the boring ass life as a student. I changed the dress into the casual outfits that I usually wear. Instead of wearing those heels that constantly made me stumble, I changed it back into my everyday,comfy sneakers. I'll never done a hairdo again because I'm going to hide my face in this thick hair of mine.

There's only one thing that didn't change- my feelings towards Jeon Wonwoo. Why must I fall in love with my own boss? The person that I used to be annoyed with, the person who screwed up my mood, the person who never listened to me when I told him what to do. Is my life going to be this messed up because of his existence? Just because of the scene he made, do I have to go through this all alone?

I wasn't really in the mood although I walk around the campus filled with Jeonghan's silly jokes. I act like an actual mannequin half of the day except that I'm moving my feet lazily. Jeonghan's eyes which was glued to the phone's screen is now on mine as he notices the different sides of me— I usually would come up with the relevant responses but none of that pops up from my mouth.

“Is happen to you, my little Eunjae? Or do you have any problems in your studies again?”, Jeonghan asks as I look up to face him, his face screams worries. I shake my head for multiply of times. “Senior, what would you do if you fall for someone?”, I finally respond to him.

Jeonghan lets out a giggle but then holding it back from coming out, he gets concern if it will become an issue for both of us, “Uhm, I will tell them right away because I couldn't keep the feelings for too long, I'm afraid she would fall for somebody else”, he says in between the sentence, “why would you ask me this out of the blue? Who is the guy that made you fell in love, eh? The one that Ji Eun had mentioned before?”.

I nod in dismay, letting out a huge sigh, “I like him but”, I remark, pausing in the middle of the words and scratching my head in puzzlement, “I'm not sure if confessing is the right thing to do, does confess will be okay in your point of view?”, I ask.

“Just do it if you feel that way, Eunjae. Go to him and tell him the truth before someone steals him from you. Do you want that to happen?”, says Jeonghan as he ruffles my hair softly, “it won't be a problem right if you make the first step? I hope he can accept you just the way you are!”.

————

[ A/N ]

jjang! im just curious what will happen on the next chapter, dont you feel that  way too my loves? thank you for keeping up with this book so far!

dont forget to vomment! ♥