chapter eighteen

• day 61 •  

Everything seemed so unclear; my own feelings, the people who cherish me and people who have never gave a slight hint about returning back my one sided love. The heated situation I was in last night left me bewildered where Seungcheol made up to me, leaving a tense peck against my blushing cheeks.

 While Wonwoo secretly rolled his eyes, not knowing that I actually got to see the disappointment through his awkward lip-biting. I didn't know if that was actually the signs of jealousy or; Jeon Wonwoo being his own self, cocky and conceited dipshit.

Nevertheless, I'll never grant it seriously when Seungcheol eventually confessed the girl that he adored was me. I've been getting along with Seungcheol as friends, he has been so compassionate this whole time and he was bold enough to utter everything that made me melt with his sweet words.

 It's a lie to let people know that I've never fell for Seungcheol even for once, when he was around. Undoubtedly, I decided to use Seungcheol after the Wonwoo's rejection. I used Choi Seungcheol purposely to make my feelings towards Jeon Wonwoo fades slowly, but at the same time I unintentionally fell for him a bit. Sounds nuisance, I know.

After taking a thoughtful shower, I decided to help Ji Eun with the house chores; we usually spend our mornings like this especially when I'm on a break. Ji Eun breathes heavily as she lifts a stack of books and magazines and puts them into a box in the living room. Making my way towards her, I offer her mineral water that was placed on the coffee table, "I guess you need this and rest for a bit", I hand the bottle to Ji Eun and plop on the couch.

"Are you going to move out or something? Why are you cleaning the novels out of your room?", eyebrows knit together as I ask in confusion. Ji Eun gulps the water to get rid of the thirstiness she had earlier and sits on the empty spot next to me, "Move out where? No, I finished reading all of them so I decided to move it into a pub and a cafe". I turn to her, nodding my head briefly as she's up for an unexpected question.

"How are things with Jeon Wonwoo so far?", Ji Eun sneers as she's crossing her right leg onto the left ones, "any progression between you two?". I almost let out a soft chuckle, half giggling and half stuttering of my own responses, "Fine I guess? It gets better, Wonwoo is being a nice person as each day passed". Ji Eun leaves a frown onto her face expecting for more from me.

"It can't be just nice right? Like perhaps atleast he would be more affectionate after the ball's night? Don't tell me he was using you just to impress his wealthy friends", Ji Eun retorts and this time the look that I notice from her eyes change momentarily as I nod. "Things were meant to be that way, Ji Eun. I guess I'm a just mere girl either way, I couldn't ask him to love me forcefully".

"Bastard", I heard the curse leaves from her thin lips. "Jeon Wonwoo never changed at all, he's still the same cocky dude that I've met in the past", Ji Eun says, managing to pat on my back soothingly trying to comfort my heart. On the other hand, I attempt to defend Wonwoo in a good way so that Ji Eun doesn't have negative thoughts of him. "It's not really his fault".

"He did the right thing. It's way more better for him to tell the truth, rather than lying to his own feelings, am I right?", a long sigh escapes as I explain, "besides, I don't think I deserve a man like him, you know what I mean? I'm just an average and he.... totally out of my league". Ji Eun turns to face me blankly and I do the same in return, waiting for the least positive reply, "He doesn't even deserve your heart".