chapter twenty five

[  WONWOO P.O.V ]

14:36 p.m

"Come in, kids. Lunch is ready!". I heard Eunjae's mother is calling for us when we were busy having a chat upstairs. Eunjae leads me to the downstairs and finally her mother lets us sit at the dining table. "Sit comfortably, son. You're gonna like this since it's one of our little Eunjae's favourite dishes", Mrs Lee exclaims when she hands me the food.

"Thank you, Mrs Lee", I say before turning back again to Eunjae and her mother, "please have some as well, it'll be fun to eat together like a family". I watch her mother nods and Eunjae just sits still, eyeing me and enjoys the food promptly. As I start to swallow a spoonful of abalone porridge into my mouth, Mrs Lee interrupts again, "How is the porridge tastes like? Do you like it?".

I nod slowly, "Actually this is the tastiest abalone porridge I've ever taste in my whole live. No wonder it becomes Eunjae's favourite food". Her mother awes blissfully besides Eunjae upon my unexpected response— but I didn't lie, the food does tastes good as if I'm going to have three bowls of it. "Eat more, my son-in-law. I made more of this so you both can enjoy them".

Eunjae narrows her eyes, grimacing, "Mom, don't try to embarrassed yourself in front of me and Wonwoo please, he's nothing more than just a boyfriend of mine". Mrs Lee tsks, "Then what's the point of getting in a relationship if you both don't end up marry to each other?". I chuckle softly, swallowing the food and reply.

"Your mother's right, Eunjae. So Mrs Lee, does it mean am I approved to be your future son-in-law?", I ask and her mother bursts into a loud laughter which Eunjae couldn't bear to hear as she covers one of her ears with her hand, "Of course! Since you're young and handsome and even complimented my cooking skills, you are already accepted", she chimes out.

"That's a great news to hear", I say. When it's time to add more of the porridge into my bowl, Eunjae finally catches away her mother and my attention. "By the way, mom, can I go out again with Wonwoo later? Since it's his first time here in this town and I thought I want to tour him around".

"It's your first time in Jeju, Wonwoo?", Mrs Lee's gaze in on mine as she asks. Shaking my head, I say no, "It's not really first time, I've been here when I was in the middle school. This is more like my first time in a long time to be more precise", I remark. She nods carefully, "I see, what's your reasons coming here?".

"Uhm, I thought I must pay a visit to both of you. I really wanted you to know what kind of boyfriend I am to Eunjae. I know it sounds cliché but I really wish both of you can accept me as part of her live", I laugh awkwardly and that's when her mother says, "Aww you're such a sweet boy. You guys can head out but don't get home too late. Atleast bring her home before ten o'clock, okay?".

"I'll send her home before 9 if possible since I'm going to drive back to Seoul tonight", I retort. Both of them stare at me in disbelief, confusion written all over their faces, "What are you talking about, son? Seoul is miles away from here. I suggest that you should atleast stay here for the night to continue your journey". I stutter an okay in return, noticing that Eunjae winks at me besides her mother, which nearly make me choke in my throat.

——

After having hours of tour in the town, both of us eventually enter into the convenience store to get ourselves cans of beer to drink. Then end up we both found ourselves by the beach again, sitting next to each other while facing the unlighted dancing waves. Eunjae's head resting on mine when we start to sip the liquid from the can, "Do you know what's my dumbest decision when you enter my life?", I blurt out suddenly.