chapter nineteen

I awkwardly lean my back against the seat after Seungcheol hurriedly told me to hop into his car. We didn't even manage to finish our coffee in the café earlier as Seungcheol dragged me away from there. As he steadily drives on the busy lane, we don't utter a single word at all and as for me, after the proper confession was made by Seungcheol— it feels wrong to start the conversation in the first place.

My chest thumps continuously, sweaty hands turn cold in nervousness and my mind's reeling at the intensity between Seungcheol and I. Hence, the distraction of my phone is the thing I could ever be thankful for as I scroll throughout my chats. It's nearly eight o'clock and it feels as though we have a long journey to arrive at my place.

I could sense that Seungcheol turns his head to glance at me while my eyes are still plastering at the phone screen, trying not to get caught that I am nervous to be around him right now. One of his hands extends to turn on the radio and that moment I release a small sigh of relief silently.

A song playing lowly in the background as I finally press the lock button on my phone. My eyes' scanning around to see where we are heading to, and surprisingly Seungcheol is driving us to an unknown road that I have never been to. I started to panic inside, but I don't have any guts to ask where are we going.

Later on, Seungcheol parks his car at the parking lot where there aren't a lot people to walk by. Trying to bite away the negative thoughts in my mind, I bravely open my mouth to ask, "May I know why are we here?". Damn me, I was too frightened and my words turn out shaky. Seungcheol unbuckles the belt on his side then reaching for mine.

He doesn't reply in return and as he was done, Seungcheol positions himself to face me. Only God knows how breathless I am when Seungcheol starts to stare at me blankly. It was quite dark and I couldn't clearly see his eyes move, in fact it was an unfamiliar stare that I receive from him. I couldn't break the unblinking gaze and my lips trembles everytime I try to let the words out.

"Shhh", he replaces his index finger on my lips— his face is a few inches away from mine and I have no choices other than closing my eyes nervously. "Eunjae, you know that I love you, right?", I gasp instantly at Seungcheol's words and unknowingly his moist lips brushes against mine. Both of his hands work so fast when I manage to slap them away.

He briskly grips my wrist with his right hand and filling all of his fingers between mine as they are tenderly pressed against my bare thigh. The lips travels slowly along my skin as it trails from my mouth down to the crooked of my neck and collarbone— he is pinning me in compelling as I stay freeze with his ridiculous action.

"Get the fucking away from me bastard!", I finally spit as I push Seungcheol away from me harshly, letting a few strands of my hair fall to the front. "What the hell, Eunjae?", he howlers in rage the same way as I did, "You said that you like me a few fucking hours ago!". I watch Seungcheol repositions himself again— his neatly made hair just now is all turning into a mess, his breathing is heavy as he clenches his palms tightly on the steering wheel.

"Don't stay in daze and get a grip Seungcheol! I didn't even finish the explanation and then you were taking me away from the café out of the blue just to drive all the way here?", I mumble while hugging my dirty body in quiver, "and getting unaware of which girl you're messing with?". Seungcheol is intimidated by my words as he huffs the air, "What does it even mean now?".

"Means that I don't like you Seungcheol! Your nuisance actions is even building up the hatred towards you", I say through my gritted teeth. "I was just about to say that I like you as a friend, but you ruin the trust that I've been hold inside". Seungcheol tries to reach for my hand as I utter that but I back away, keeping the distance between us, "Is it because you still have the love for Wonwoo?", he blurts out.

The tears pops at the verge of my eye when his words aching my heart, "Y-yes, what if I do? What are you going to do with it?", my lips part as I ask in return, stuttering. Seungcheol lowers his hanging head, the irritating is pressing out of his chest. "What's so great about Jeon Wonwoo?! He's a spoiled brat Eunjae! He literally hurt you--".

I cut him off without hesitation— knowing that I am truly furious of how Seungcheol always wanted to put the blame on Wonwoo, "It was none of your business!", I spit, clenching the fabric against my chest and face turns all swollen from the crying. "You're shamelessly degrading myself like a whore! Don't you dare make an appearance in front of me ever again", the foul words float up in the silenced car.

I briskly grab my stuffs with me, attempting to get out of the car as fast as the lightning, "I am disgusted by you, Choi Seungcheol". I push the car's door with all of my force and storm out of that fancy vehicle. "Look Eunjae, I'm really sorry" is the last thing I heard from him as I quicken my pace in those dark pavement.

The tears roll from my eyes, the salty water moisten my reddening cheeks. As the cold air slaps the damp skinned, I wipe them slightly with the sleeve of my sweatshirt. I take out my phone and dial for Jeonghan's number but he couldn't be reached although I call him for number of times.

———