2

"New Girl! You already met Peyton and Beckett?" Taylor's voice meets me at the door of my physics class as I exit with the two boys beside me.

Immediately, I notice her outfit and accessories again. It seems kind of like an oxymoron for such a tall, athletic person to wear such pink, girly clothes. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just catches me off guard.

"Oh, yeah, we charmed Haven's pants off," Beckett says with a hand running through his red hair.

"They tried to, anyways," I say, still amused at the memory.

"What the hell are we doing in the hall?! Food, people, food!" Peyton shouts. I laugh, but my stomach agrees with him.

"Has Beck gotten your story out yet?" Taylor asks me.

"Oh yeah! We never got to play 20 questions, Haven! Where are you from? What's your full name? What's your favorite color? How many guys have you been with? What classes are you taking? Are we in any more together? What kind of music do you listen to?"

He continues this until we get to the cafeteria, managing to get only a few answers from me.

"We have last hour together!" Peyton shouts at me when he hears my schedule.

"And we have next hour," Taylor tells me with a grateful look. "Lit with Mrs. Hall. You'll like her."

"Not fair! We only have fourth together," Beckett pouts.

"Ha! In your face, Beckett," Peyton says excitedly. We go through the line to get our food, and I follow the trio to what I can only assume is their table.

"Sit by me, Ave," Beckett says with a dramatic eye roll. "Since I might never get to see you again."

I roll my eyes and sit between him and Taylor, Peyton across from me. Beside Peyton is another girl with colorful hair partially tied back and out of her face, composed of pointed features. She wears a bright pink lipstick, as well as a baby pink shirt and light blue jeans with a sparkly belt.

I look down at my scarlet red v-neck and black skinny jeans, paired with some dark jewelry and tall boots. I kind of stick out compared to the other two girls at the table, clad in plenty of pink.

"Skylar, this is Haven. Haven, this is my friend Skylar," Taylor introduces us. I find it a bit funny I never even told Taylor my name.

"Nice to meet you," she says in small, kind voice.

"You too. I like your hair," I say honestly. It's full of different pastel shades of pink, blue, and green, falling over her shoulders.

"Thank you! I do it myself. I could do yours like it sometime if you want!" she excitedly returns.

"Oh... yeah, maybe!" I say, considering what I'd look like with pink hair.

"Are you new here?" Skylar asks me.

"Yeah, I'm from North Carolina. Today is my first day at Eve Hall."

"Why'd you move?"

"My dad's job." It's a simple question with a complicated answer, but I've realized it's best to just give a short and sweet response instead.

"What's he do?"

"Oh, he's a pilot for a major airline. We had to move closer to LAX, but my mom prefers the suburbs, so we needed up here," I explain.

Eve Hall is, of course, pretty small, which isn't surprising, considering the population of the suburban area right outside Brea, a town just half an hour from Los Angeles.