7

"You always say you'll make pancakes but you don't," Kyla points out. She's not wrong. Usually, the only way they'll come to the dinner table is if I mention pancakes.

I sigh, giving in. "How about I let you have a Pop Tart before dinner?" I barter.

"Yes!" the twins shout, rushing over to the kitchen cabinet where they know the Pop Tarts are stored.

I stir the pasta on the stove and pour them both some milk to go with their Pop Tarts.

"Bee, there's a biker dude outside," Kyla says. You might think her words would concern her, but she barely even looks up, turning back to her Pop Tart in a matter of seconds.

"A biker dude?" I repeat, confused.

Suddenly there's a loud knock on the door. I leave the pasta on stove, walking over to answer the door.

Ethan is at soccer practice, and my mom is picking up Ollie today. That leaves Destiny and the twins here with me.

I open the door to see Sin standing there, a black leather jacket over a maroon shirt and black jeans. Soft-looking chocolate brown curls threaten to fall over his tan face, as I can tell he hasn't cut it in a while. His motorcycle shines in the background, making him look like the bad boy of every cliché teen girl's dreams.

"Sin? What are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you, too, Sunshine."

I let out a breath of air. "Sorry, um, hi."

I reach to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear before stopping myself. Sin's eyes are too keen on my nervous habits.

An odd moment of silence follows as I wait for Sin to say something.

"I heard about what you did yesterday," he finally says. He folds his arms, looking really good doing it.

It seems like a bit of a shame, honestly. Sin is so incredibly gorgeous for someone who is so rude and unsociable most of the time. It doesn't seem fair.

Sin was missing all day from school, and missed the incident with Emily at the café. It doesn't surprise me that someone caught him up quickly.

I remember Taylor's comment then. "Sin is usually the one to pull stunts like this."

"What, are you mad that you didn't get a chance to get revenge first?" I ask him, crossing my arms to match his stand-offish stance.

"What?" he asks, seeming confused about my insinuation. "No, I came here to-"

"I CAN'T REACH THE MILK!" Kyler screams from the kitchen, cutting off Sin, and then I hear something crash.

I turn away from the door and see Kyler sitting on Kyla's shoulders, reaching for the gallon of milk on the top shelf.

"Get down, you two!" I shout, running away from the door to stop them from breaking something or hurting themselves.

I pull Kyler off his twin sister's shoulders and put him down on his feet. They rush back over to the table, and I pick up the empty metal pot they somehow knocked over in the process, putting it back in its place.

"You weren't kidding when you said your house is chaos," Sin remarks, trailing behind me inside. I smile, refilling Kyler's cup of milk.

"And you came on a calm day," I add, walking back over to put the milk in the fridge.

"Is this your boyfriend?" Kyler asks with a bright white milk mustache around his top lip.

"No," I tell him. "This is Sin. He goes to school with me," I introduce them, walking back over to the table with a small hand towel. I wipe Kyler's face off, but he immediately drinks more from his cup, creating another milk mustache. I roll my eyes, giving up.