Chapter 4: "Samaritan's Gift"

The oval field is no one's cup of tea during Valentine's Day, however, the subject called Physical Education can't recognize the exquisiteness of February 14. Mina and her bestfriends Jihyo, the president of the music club, Pinky, the ads model, Lisa, the cutie photographer, and Momo, the cheerleader hottie are stuck there, waiting for their other classmates, to finish their volleyball game. Thanks to the tactician sets of the Japanese beauty queen, they crushed their opponents in three sets so they have the leeway to enjoy the bleacher and of course, accepting the gifts of their admirers who don't mind their not so romantic outfit, a tracksuit.

"What's wrong?" Jihyo noticed her silence. Even though Mina is normally the quiet one among the pack, the former could easily tell if her plastered lips mean something else.

"Yes Minari, what's wrong? Your face is yelling condolence of Valentine's Day. Don't you like your gifts?" Lisa gambles her flimsy assumption. The cutepie who is absorbed taking pictures of them.

"If you don't want them, don't worry, My humble heart is open for your donations." Another lame joke from Pinky who's busy munching a bar of imported chocolate. She bargained a gag with a serious face, it's kinda weird, but the gang is used to it.

"Checkmate! Look, your stuffed toys are so cute! If you don't want them, I'm accepting donations too kekeke...."

"Yo Blank Peach, that's my line! No Xerox!"

"Gosh! I used fax, Ms. Color!"

"Should I laugh now or I'll make you both bald?" Their leader Jihyo, wore her referee clothes and sarcasm again, if no one disrupts the banter, you need a century for them to conclude it and the others are not interested to wait forever, more on the part of their Thomas looking friend. Mina just shakes her head, the love-hate relationship between Momo and Pinky escaped the prison again. And as expected, it's too childish to even call an argument.

"But really Mina, what's bothering you?"

Him... my baby who smells like a baby. Where is he? If the gang can only see her pouting mind, she could have earned a thousand smacks from the pack. It was below the belt cringy line and not so like her. Nobody knows that she's a hopeless romantic when it comes to her My Classic.

"It's nothing Jihyo, just some headache." She massages her temple to complete the act.

"Migraine again?", "Did you take your med?", "Do you have it with you?" The other three spoke at the same time, although they love to impeach each other's foolishness, they're as caring as Jihyo.

"I'm fine, it's just a slight headache, maybe it's the climate."