Chapter 14.3: "Familiar Warmth"

"Goodbye." After a long silence, those two words echoed the hallway. A cheerful farewell given by the gentle stranger yet for some reason, her heart was pierced by an invisible arrow. Certainly, he used a jovial tone while running away from her, but his fading silhouette carved a sad departure scene in her eyes. It was too gloomy that she can even hear a piece of depressing background music while it was happening.

Perhaps, I am sad because I haven't seen his face.

She tried to convince herself to pacify that loneliness inside her.

Arigatou, my faceless hero.

She smiled weakly observing the image of his back view reaching the exit door of the hallway. He's wearing a white shirt, simple jeans, and black sneakers. A picture of parting she can never forget.

.

.

.

Seven minutes later, the Japanese beauty heard five knocks on the door.

It's him. Now, let's wait for ten seconds.

10.................

9.................

8...............

7.............

6..........

5.........

4.......

3.....

2...

1..

0

She quickly opened the door, hoping to catch at least a glimpse of him, but no one was there except a small plastic laid on the floor. In the said container were two packs of sanitary napkins. She was caught off guard when she realized that the brand of the napkin was the one she actually uses.

How? Maybe it was a coincidence. Yeah, that's it. There's no way he knows that part.

A smile lingers on her face when she noticed a note attached to the plastic. Something was written there.

"It was my first time to buy this stuff. Hope I did a good job. The counter woman thought I was buying it for my girlfriend. She didn't believe me when I said it was for my friend. Anyway, just greet me a happy birthday on stage later. Fighting Ms. Myoui. Believe in yourself, you can do it! So don't be nervous. And you're welcome kekeke..."