Chapter 14.2: "Familiar Warmth"

"I have what?" She asked.

"Uhmm..." Again he delayed his speech that it caused the annoyance of the elegant girl.

"If you want me to believe your words that you are not a pervert then tell me the reason why you did this." The girl challenged him, but if she only knew a bit earlier or realized it on her own, she shouldn't have provoked him to say it out loud because it only caused for the both of them another discomfort.

"Blood..." It was too awkward for a guy to say it, but he had no choice. He doesn't want Mina to deposit malice to his good intention. "...you have blood behind... in your skirt."

The beauty queen froze at the explanation. She suddenly wanted to bury herself out of embarrassment. Both cheeks were red as an apple and her eyes automatically close on its own.

Lord, feel free to take me now. I won't mind. She wishes.

The stranger who is indeed a gentle person mutter. "Sorry." He had the gist of what was going on in her mind.

"No, I should be the one to say sorry." Mina found her tongue at last. "I was too full of myself that I misunderstood you so I'm very sorry."

"It's okay. With your grandeur beauty, you have all the luxury to misconceived a stranger in this situation."

Eh? Grandeur beauty. That was cute and so old school. Mina giggles silently, biting her lips firmly for she doesn't want to add another embarrassment in her pocket. Her body remained at his custody, just a small movement would cause an accidental skinship to their almost back hug position. Truthfully, she doesn't mind, but hey girls shouldn't be an 'easy to get' type, right? As what her father's said 'easy to get means easy to let go'. She has reminded over and over again by her father that when things are easily achieved by people, they also lost the will to hold its importance. Like come on, do you expect a guy not to take a girl for granted after getting her easily? You gotta be kidding me. To show the world your importance is to show respect for yourself first. She had memorized it by heart and that is what she's going to impose at this moment.

"Can you let me go now?" The Japanese succeeded in expressing them without that regret timbre. On cue, he removed his hands wrapped around her waist at lightning speed.

"Sorry." He said, wobbly. The air that surrounds them suddenly feels restless. Awkward silence assembled in the atmosphere again.

To eradicate the uneasiness, Mina thought that she has to do something. So she tried turning around to formally thank the stranger, but the guy halted her attempt by pulling her into his arms once more, back hugging her this time with a breathable tight. And for the second time, her elegance was altered with panic.