New shcool New life New beginnings

Alexis's POV

"Wake up you dumb slut and get out" yells my father, he does the same thing every morning to wake me up this or he hits me with a bat. "Ok dad" I yell back softly trying not to ruin his good mood, yeah you heard me right this is his good mood it can get a lot worse than this.

Once I am finally able to get up off my dirty mattress because of my cracked ribs and various bruises all over my body I carefully put on my skinny jeans and white tank top with my blue hoodie and converse, I finally look in the mirror to see the damage he did.

Fortunately there are no bruises or cuts on my face this time lucky for me. I make my way downstairs trying not to make any noise and luckily dad is passed out on the couch drunk. I sneak over to the front door and leave for school since this is my first day I have to look up directions on my phone. It is only a half a mile away, thank god, mostly because I have no other way to get there besides walking.

Once I made my way to the schools building i noticed it was bigger than my last school with white gates and a banner on the front door saying in big bold letters "SCHOOL IS FOR YOUNG MINDS TO CREATE A FUTURE FOR THEMSELVES". I like this better it gives me hope one day I can get out of my father's grasp. The first thing I do when I walk through the double doors is see three different directions so I decide to head to the office to pick up my schedule when I get there there is an old lady around her early 50s with white hair and a smile on her face "what can I help you with deary" is all she says, she seems very nice. "Um yes I was if I may have my schedule I'm new here, my name is Alexis Gilbert" I say in a small voice. " oh yes I have it right here just give me a moment" I stay in there for a moment waiting when finally she hands me a paper with all my classes "thank you", "no problem have a nice day young lady" "you too".

After getting my classes I made the stupid mistake of looking at it whilst I was walking down the hall ways and I bumped into someone, just another day with my clumsy mind "oh I'm sorry Mr. I didn't mean to run into you it's just I......." I trailed off once I looked up to see the most handsome man on the planet.

He had a chiseled jaw line with a little bit of stubble, soft pink lips, and a straight nose but it was his eyes that caught my attention, eyes so blue you could fall into the ocean of beauty just staring at them he also had dark black hair blacker than midnight "are you done staring" came a husky voice as soon as he said that I looked down at my feet, blush creeping up my neck "sorry" my voice was barely a whisper. With that he just walked away I stood there for another minute contemplating what to
do next when at that moment the bell rang for first. "Crap I will be late on my first day" with that said I started to sprint to Geometry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alexis at top☝🏼

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Alexis at top☝🏼