Experience Diary - 5

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E   :

Please read till end... 

Also do share your thoughts, experiences through mail "oneindianwriter@gmail.com" to voice your words.

●●●

Hello guys, its me OneIndianWriter,

Today I would like to share an incident which just happened, like two days back.

When I started this book, I never thought anybody will ever give a damn about this book, because I had a feeling that why would people be interested in reading something which talks about nothing but true and bitter facts. But again all of you readers proved me wrong. And I am glad that I was proved wrong. Because if we won't discuss all these things, its not going to change. And change is something which evolves slowly and gradually.

I thought of showing this book to some of my relatives just to know what they actually think about this. And I did so. I sent them the link to this book and asked them to read...

One of my aunt read it and immediately replied to me. Her reply was :

"Today too, our so called developing society measures a girl's image by the clothes she wears, by the time she comes home, by the way of life she lives, etc. And this doesn't end here because sometimes the situation for girls become so disastrous that they have to face severe victimization and it affects a girl mentally as well as physically. They have to go through extreme social pressure and have to face substantial criticism by their neighbours, relatives and society. This is my opinion"

Till this point, whatever she said was absolutely correct right from the first word till the last. She further added,

"This is the sad truth of our society. But why should we bother when this mentality is not going to change. We have to change our way of living, approach and attitude. This is all we can do. You have written it really nice, but only your generation will read blogs, articles, books like this, but what about the previous generations. They are ultimately going to just ignore it."

And this statement of hers made me think.

"why should we bother when this mentality is not going to change. "

Why should we bother? 

Is this mentality seriously not going to change?

As I said before, change is a very slow and gradual process. You can't demand for a change and expect it to be done in a few minutes. And here we are not talking about changing the mentality of few people, but about the entire society. How can you expect it to be done so fast? 

So I would say this mentality will surely change but its going to take hell lot of time... 

"We have to change our way of living, approach and attitude. This is all we can do."

Seriously? Is this all we can do?

Obviously not. 

And its so not fair that only one person will sacrifice everything for some other person's sake and that other person will just enjoy everything. Do you think its fair?

We have to change our living, approach and attitude... agreed! Totally agreed! But that's not all we can do. We cannot clap just by one hand. So when we are trying to change ourselves to adjust with the society, its also expected from the society to change the approach and attitude a bit

And speaking about the previous generations reading such articles, blogs, books about the orthodox mentality, I would say that I know most of the people won't read them, but not all. And even if they don't when the youngsters would read such things, there's a hope that they will try to speak up against this mentality with the elders. 

But saying :

"Why to bother when the society is not gonna change..."

is the mindset of the people which restricts them from standing up against wrong things and hence they end up sacrificing their dreams, their choice of living, changing their attitude and approach just because the society wants to see it.

●●●

A   B I G   T H A N K   Y O U   T O   :

For your precious votes....
wolf_head_
OwainGlyn
jayakkanha
Ajay-Kumar
nickyrnd
5whiskers
jhatka
crazyshals
akhilhavish
typical_Indiangirl
electric_ladyland
mru1202
iprincess9

For your valuable comments...
5whiskers
ami17_17
mru1202
OwainGlyn
jayakkanha
Umacdnathan
jiggi0203
typical_Indiangirl

For adding this book in your Reading list...
nickyrnd
jiggi0203