Experience Diary - 11

This is an experience shared by ZebaAlmas.

●●●

Hello friends!

This incident was something I had experienced and I would want to convey a message to all of you.

We are all humans; judging comes along. We tend to judge, unintentionally too. Most of us leave the habit of judging, and that's really impressive. But there are some who let this habit develop; not a very good idea. Judging people without knowing the depth behind them, the reason behind their decisions, is not to be encouraged. Everyone has a reason for their decisions; point of views differ. Let us all learn to respect everyone's opinions.

Well it so happened, I was scrolling through my feed and came across a post that talked about Muslim girls and appreciated them. (Again, this doesn't mean the post meant to put down any other religion. Just because someone appreciated you, doesn't mean they put everyone else down.) I went through the comments section and one of them in caps said, "ARE YOU CRAZY? MUSLIM GIRLS ARE TREATED LIKE SLAVES GO READ ABOUT IT! HOW CAN YOU EVEN SAY THAT?!"

It burns me to have read that. For anyone who has this mindset, I would kindly like to clear it: We are NOT treated like slaves. I am a Muslim girl and very proud to be one. Because I am not treated like a slave. I am respected just like anyone else. I am asked to cover myself properly in a decent dress saying, "precious things are better kept covered." (This doesn't speak against any dressing style. It is just our theory and I respect all dress codes.)

So to that comment, I replied:

"We are not treated like slaves. Wherever you have read, you have read it wrong. No religion encourages slavery. And if you have seen some girl being treated like a slave, then surely they were not following the religion's rules. Do not judge an entire community based on the wrong-doers. See what the Books say."

It hurt me so much that people out there believe we are treated like slaves just because they 'read it somewhere', or because they saw the wrong doers and judged the entire community. And it is not true that we are treated as such; I would like to clear this with anyone who has had a mindset like that.