Humanity?

❝You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty ❞  

~Mahatma Gandhi.

I would say :

❝ People have become educated, but have not become human ❞    

What comes to your mind first after seeing this picture?

Innocence?

This is a picture of 8 year-old-kid, Asifa, from Jammu. Almost all of you must be knowing about her case because almost all the social networking sites, starting from Facebook, Instagram up to twitter, are flooding with the posts related to it.

For the ones who don't know about this case, let me tell you all, this girl was allegedly kidnapped, drugged, raped inside a place of worship before being killed. She wasn't raped for once or twice, but for several days. Later the rapists banged her head on some stone (I guess) for literally two times to ensure that she was dead.

Disgusting, isn't it?

I remember reading a quote about the rapes. The quote was :

❝ "WAS IS REALLY MY FAULT?", ASKED THE SHORT SKIRT

"NO. IT HAPPENED WITH ME TOO", REPLIED THE BURKHA.

THE DIAPER IN THE CORNER COULDN'T EVEN SPEAK❞  

HUMANITY. Do people really understand the meaning of this word? Its not the matter of religion, caste or any other thing. None of the religion teaches inhumanity. Inter-religion rivalries are on one side, and being humane is on the other side. She was damn eight-year-old kid. 8 people, 8 people have been charged with abduction, rape and murder. We can't even imagine the pain she might have gone through. Those merciless bastards were so blindfolded by the idea of satisfying their lust, that they didn't even realize that there was no fault of that innocent child. She might have cried, begged to leave her, but no one was there to hear her pleadings.  

❝Don't make this about Hindu vs Muslim. 

Don't make this about Men vs Women. 

Make this about us against the monsters who exist in our society. Instead of supporting the monsters, actively come together and take them down. ❞

My heart is aching after reading everything about this case. If you haven't seen the picture of this girl's, Asifa Banu's dead body, you won't understand the cruelty of these morons. We can't change the past now, but we can at least give Asifa the justice

Everyday we come across such cases. Not all cases come into limelight, some cases are silently ignored. Its seriously high time now. We should start respecting humanity more than any caste or creed. We should start thinking as one society. What is wrong will be wrong, nothing can change this fact. The culprit should be punished.