Sita Aur Gita (Sita And Gita)

A/N : Mail me your thoughts, views, experiences at "oneindianwriter@gmail.com"to voice your words!

I M P O R T A N T   :

Note that this is again a sensitive topic and opinions may differ...

●●●

Hey guys, its me OneIndianWriter.

I am glad to voice the following words of jiggi0203

Let's talk about sex.

The moment I would say this, your ears would perk up either with disgust or eagerness to know what I think around topics like these.

No wonder many of my friends blush, look other way and do everything in their power to avoid talking about anything like this. They would even love to strangle my neck if given a chance (no pun intended ).Yes, we Indians hate to talk about sex. Not only sex but anything which remotely depicts the idea, we stay miles away from it.

It's wrong, immoral, evil, bad for society and of course it distracts young mind from the righteous path. It's perverted, dirty and something to be ashamed of.

What is sex?

Well in my dictionary it's a pleasure almost every human has a desire for.

Let it be the Indians or non-Indians everyone has a desire for sex.

Note when I said every human "I mean Men and Women". Women have sexual urges too.

But in our Indian society women have to be extra careful. A good Indian woman is almost asexual, pure and chaste. We are allowed to be sexual in only in the constitution of marriage.

Any girl specifically, if even utters the 's' word would be branded characterless, immoral and a perfect person to stay away from.

We weren't always like this , the vedas and puranas show sex in an explicit manner not to forget the texts on the art of making love .

Whatever the reason was.

1. this repressed desire often comes out in unsavory ways.
2. There has never been a real discussion around such topics.
3. The double lives most of us live. By repressed desires the outcomes are rapes, molestation, child sexual abuse etc.

To make you understand it. I'll tell you about one of my guy friends.

My friend (he's a boy ) and I were sitting together and solving some of our maths problems which we couldn't solve in our class test. Discussing and talking about different things, we stumbled on this topic. This is what he said,

" You know why there are so many sexual abuse cases in India? when compared to the west even though they have more exposure with the other gender ?"

I gave him a puzzled look. Understanding my confusion he further added,

"The reason is exposure. It's the fact that we are restricted from talking and acknowledging each other's presence. We ( girls and boys ) shouldn't be friends, sit or even study together. Rules like these only increase these urges. However, if we are allowed to at least maintain a simple relation as classmates, friends or team up for even a history project, we get a chance to communicate and learn about the other gender in a way understanding them. Plus, it also ensures that we would never step out of the line. Trust me we would never want to ruin our friendship at that."

It's just like asking yourself to give up junk food forever. What would you do? You would anyway sneak with some money and buy yourself burgers and french fries outside. A day turns into a week. A week into a month eventually deteriorating your health. That's the third consequence. We live two lives. Many of the youngsters today are playing 'Sita aur Geeta'. Many people are not open to discuss dating and sex with their families where they are expected to be falsely pious. All of this means we cannot stop people from being what they are and living the way they want.

Sex is a pleasure. Criticizing and labeling anything remotely sexual isn't the solution to stop crimes against women. In several ways India is modern and free compared to other nations. We have freedom of speech, free media and secularism, we have no laws forcing us to practice any particular religion nor are there any rules on our dressing. This means our youth brought up in modern society is curious about sex just like their counterparts all over the world will be unable to follow our traditionally anti-sex attitudes. The conclusion of all this is,

"Stop 'let's pretend sex doesn't exist society'. We may talk and have meaningful debates around sex .It doesn't mean we should open the floodgates and become an everything goes society , but we can educate our young generation making them more responsible."

●●●

Hey guys, do watch this video! The girl in this video has described this topic very beautifully!

●●●

Thank you so much jiggi0203 for sharing this! :)