7: Me

SEVEN
                _________

Before I go on with the good stuff, the details I know you've wanted all along, I want to let you in on some background information of mine

It may seem irrelevant at this part in the story but since it is my life story after all, I think it's pretty damn important.

So, from a young age I always knew I was different.

As cliché as that sounds, it's true.

Whenever my parents turned on the tv my eyes would always fly to the guys instead of the girls my father would always call hot.

As I grew up more I began to notice more and more things that made me different.

Instead of liking girls, I liked guys.

Right away that told me I wasn't exactly normal.

Or at least that's what everyone else would call it.

To me, it seemed completely fine and normal.

Perfectly normal.

I would always lean towards girly toys at a young age but even then, I thought it was just because they seemed nicer.

I never suspected that I would like guys when I was older even though I was supposed to like girls.

Scratch that, let me say I was expected to like girls.

Finally, at the age of thirteen, I officially knew I was gay.

If I can remember correctly, I found out because an old neighbor of mine, an America boy named George who had moved to Seoul, kissed me.

He kissed me as if he had kissed millions of boys before.

When I didn't completely hate the kiss, I knew.

Of course I was curious to know if kissing a girl would feel the same.

So naturally it's only normal to ask if I could kiss his sister, right?

Wrong.

That's exactly what his parents thought too.

When they found out what had happened, they left.

Apparently they were huge homophobes and they left, calling thirteen year old me, a sin.

After that I just knew.

The thought of kissing his sister repulsed me but kissing him felt nice.

As I aged more I discovered so much more about "others like me."

So to say.

Suddenly, I felt nervous of what others would think.

Especially my best friend Taehyung.

Tae and I had been friends since basically birth and I was nervous of what he would say if he found out.

Would he leave just like George did?

I was afraid of that.

Luckily, my parents were accepting and didn't say a word about it to anyone, at my request that is.

With that fear inside of me, I hid.

I kept the secret for years and no one knew.

That was until that stupid party.

The more I think about it I guess it really was a good thing.

Sure, it hurt at the time, but you know what they say,

Everything happens for a reason.

Kissing George, The rumors, the party, meeting Hoseok..

Everything.

Everything has meaning to it and in the events of what happened as I was growing up,

It all lead up to this very moment.

Sure, my life wasn't exactly the greatest at that time but at least I had friends who cared about me through it all.

Hoseok was my gay counselor and even though things happened, which I'll get into at another time, I still hold him near and dear to my heart.

He was, and always will be, my first sunshine.

The more I think about the things that happened in the past, the more I learn to regret none of it.

Instead, now I feel happy.

The happiest I had ever been.

And I owe it all to him..

[...]

A/n: Yoongi is coming soon I promise !! Like next chapter soon ((((;