20: My Confession

TWENTY
                __________

                  TWENTY                __________

That day I was terrified.

I didn't know how to bring it up to Yoongi.

I mean, how was I supposed to confess to him when I hadn't even talked to him in weeks?

My heart was racing as I reached his front door.

I take in a deep breath and knock.

Not knowing what I was going to say, I decided to wing it.

After what seemed like forever, the door opened.

Instead of seeing Yoongi I see a guy I had never seen before.

"Uh, can I help you?" He asks as he looks me up and down.

"Is Yoongi home?" I ask.

Suddenly, I felt even smaller.

"Hang on a second." The guy says as he turns his head and yells out Yoongi's name.

"What?!" Yoongi yells back.

"Someone is here asking for you!" The guy says.

It had become a yelling match.

"Just tell them to go away!"

"You heard him." The guy says and goes to shut the door.

Something comes over me and I reach my hand out, stopping the doors movement.

"Yoongi! It's me." I yell out.

It's silent for a moment then I see a mop of brown hair come into view.

Yoongi looked as if he had just woken up.

"Jimin? What are you doing here?" He asks but he doesn't seem happy to see me.

"You know him?" The guy asks.

"Yeah." Yoongi says as he rubs at his eyes.

"Well hurry up and say what you have to say. We were busy." The guy says as he shifts back into the house somewhere.

I had so many questions but I didn't dare ask them.

"Why are you here, Jimin?" Yoongi asks as he looks at me with dull eyes.

"I need to say something and I'm not sure I'll be able to do it at any other time." I say, clenching my fists in my coat pockets.

"Well? I don't have all day." Yoongi says.

The tone in his voice was different than how he'd ever spoken to me before.

"Come on Yoongi!" I hear the same guy yell.

"I have to go." Yoongi says and goes to shut the door but I grab onto it, stopping his movements.

"Please, Just listen to me!" I yell, my cheeks puffed.

Yoongi's eyes widen as he stares at me.

Then he waits.

I turn my eyes down to the ground and bite my lip.

My hands were trembling and I couldn't control my heart as it practically broke through my chest.

"Yoongi..I-I think.." my voice was shaking and my face was on fire.

"Jimin." He starts but I can't bring myself to look into his eyes.

Finally, I say it.

"I like you."

I didn't dare look up.

I didn't breathe.

I simply stood there, my eyes glued to my shoes.

Then I hear Yoongi chuckle.

There was a heavy feeling on my chest.

I remember that feeling so clearly.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask, my face burning.

"I knew it. I knew you couldn't resist me." Yoongi says in the same old cocky voice he always used.

"I take it back. I don't like you. Forget I said anything." I say as I go to walk away.

Instead, arms wrap around me and pull me back into the hard surface of Yoongi's chest.

"I like you too, Cutie!" Yoongi says into my ear.

What he says next causes me to turn an even darker shade of red.

"Now how about I kick my brother out and you come on in and finally let me have those pretty lips of yours."

Instantly, I begin to regret my confession.

[...]

-
A/n: Since today is New Year's Eve I want to make sure you guys are safe. Don't get too crazy tonight but still have a good time! Thank you guys for sticking with me for two years now and I hope I will be able to continue to write and publish for more years to come. I love you guys so much and I hope you have an amazing 2018. ❤️