•02•

sᴏɴɢ: ʙᴇʙᴇ ʀᴇxʜᴀ - ɪ'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ.

•~••~•

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ʟɪᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀʟᴋᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ."

"ʜᴏᴡ?"

"-ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴏᴜʟ."

"-ᴀɴᴅ?"

"-ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ sᴏᴜʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟɪᴇs."

•~••~•

|ʟɪᴀʀ|

Hazel eyes watching the steam coming out of the tea-pot, Kayleah watched her Grandpa contently pour her a cup of tea.

"It's very quiet.", Kayleah spoke out loud, nodding her thanks as she grabbed the cup. Softly blowing the steam away.

Ross's dark brown eyes that held much age, looked at Kayleah. "Yes, it is. Isn't it?."

Kayleah knew what they were referring to. Grandma Emma would usually walk into the living-room by now, with a smile that made the whole room light up and talk away about something random.

Clearing his throat, Ross sat down with a wooden box in his hands. Kayleah blinked, wondering how she missed such object that was right in front of her.

Damn. She really was out of it. She wasn't used to...loosing people. Especially the ones that she cared the most about.

"what's that?", Kayleah asked, looking at said box skeptically. Taking a sip of her tea slowly.

Ross smiled gently. "Emma left you this. I do not know what's inside, but she wanted you to have it.", he spoke quietly, handing said box to Kayleah.

Kayleah put her tea down, to grab the wooden box. Hazel eyes filled with anxiety and many other emotions.

"You don't have to open it now. Do so when you are more ready.", Ross spoke up, worry showing on his face.

"I know, thank you Grandpa.", Kayleah forced a small smile, clutching the box a little tighter.

"Leah", Catching her attenion once again, the elderly man continued, "I know it is hard for you...", Ross paused, brown eyes studying Kayleah closely. "-but do know you have many people that will support you, little one."

Kayleah felt her eyes water at this, before she blinked madly in hopes to get rid of said tears. "I-I...", Kayleah stopped, inhaling and exhaling slowly.

"I know Grandpa. Thank you.", Kayleah finally spoke with a steady voice. "-but I am here to help you. Not the other way around.", she scolded jokingly.

Ross simply smiled.

At that moment. Kayleah realised the only person that truly needed support during a rough time, was herself.

•~••~•

The sun was setting by the time Kayleah was finally unpacking her stuff in her old room.

Looking about, the orange haired girl smiled. Nothing, but good memories came from here. Maybe that is why she was so relaxed here.

Pausing during midway of unpacking, Kayleah stared at the wooden box that sat on the end of her single bed.

Slowly she grabbed the box. To unlatch the lock on it, the lid popped open a crack.

Kayleah rolled her eyes at herself. "it's just a box Kayle'.", she mocked herself, for being so stupid about it. In hopes to gain the courage to open it.