•12•

sᴏɴɢ: ғғᴅᴘ - ғᴀʀ ғʀᴏᴍ ʜᴏᴍᴇ.

•~••~•

"ʏᴏᴜ ғᴀʟʟ ɪɴʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ, ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ."

•~••~•
|ʀᴇᴅᴇᴍᴘᴛɪᴏɴ|

The pounding in her head, reminded her of the sound of someone banging a hammer on a wall. It hurt.

A groan left her dry lips. Clutching her messy hair slowly, Kayleah raised her head from her pillow. Unable to recall how she got into said bed.

"I am never drinking again." Kayleah declared with a raspy voice to herself, her mouth dry and body craving water

It was at that moment the female realised she wasn't in her bed, She didn't have a bed. Her room was gone by the fire and she had been staying at Vinces place for a bit. Until Fowler could get her room fixed up.

This place looked nothing like Vinces guest room. "What the..." Kayleah sat up completely, the green blanket falling off her. She still wore the same clothes as the night before.

"Ah. You are up" Kayleah jumped slightly, Startled. To spot June in the doorway, a glass of water in her hand.

"Here. I thought you'd want this." June spoke softly, walking across the room to hand her the glass and two white pills.

"Panadol?" Kayleah checked and took them when June nodded, gulping down her water. Kayleah wondered when she was dropped off here.

"Ratchet dropped you off a bit after 2am. I heard you had a late night." June sat down on the end of the bed, her blue eyes didn't hold judgement. Just worry.

Kayleah sighed at this. "I guess you can say I have been dealing with this mess on my own. Jack hasn't been responding to my messages."

June nodded. "Yes. Jack wasn't sure on what to say, you know how 16 year olds are." Kayleah put her glass down at this.

"You're not going to yell at me for drinking? You used to." June simply waved Kayleahs comment off.

"I can't stop you, besides you are 22. Not 16. I was your age once, I partied as well." June smiled warmly, making Kayleah smile back.

Her smile fell after she realised that she hadn't contact her Grandpa in a while. "Is Grandpa Ross angry at me?"

June shook her head and crossed her arms. "Ross knows you are an adult now, he also doesn't want you to worry about him. Stop focusing on everyone else."

Kayleah winced at that. Knowing full well she was avoiding the topic of herself. She hated talking about her.

"Kayleah, I am serious." There was the scolding mother. "You need to figure out what you are doing."

Groaning, the female fell backwards. Head bouncing on the pillow lightly, she was obviously in the guest bedroom. "I have."

"Have you?" June pressed with a huff. Making Kayleah grimace greatly.

"How long are you staying here? You know your main course studies are back in San Diego, along with your apartment and parents." June continued to list off many things that were back in San Diego.

Hazel eyes staring at the ceiling. Kayleah didn't want to deal with anything right now, but knew she had to. "June. I don't know right now. Before I did, but that was before I had Giant alien robots in my life and before my ex was trying to kill me-"

"what? Jasons trying to kill you?" Junes face was full of horror and disbelief. "Are you sure the fire was because of him?"

"He is the only person I can think of that would hold a grudge with me and he works for MECH." Kayleah explained with a sigh, eyes full of exhaution.

"-I am assuming your main problem isn't that by the looks of it?" June raised an eyebrow, as Kayleah sat up again with a groan.

"I got so many problems, I don't even know what my main one is." Kayleah claimed, avoiding the question. Unfortunely June was too smart to be fooled.

"Uh-ha. Come on, I got some left over tea for you."  June gestured to the living room, which made Kayleah nod.

"Yeah just...I am going to have a shower first." Kayleah excused herself and headed to the bathroom. Knowing she smelt bad and her hair was an oily mess.

"Very well. There should be some spare clothes in that brown bag. Ratchet grabbed it from Vinces for you!"

Of course he did.

•~••~•

Drying her wet hair the best she could, already dressed and now smelling like something reasonable. Kayleah soon gave up with her hair and threw the purple towel into the wash basket.

Kayleah knew she couldn't delay the talk with June any longer and slowly exited the room. To reveal a relaxed June at the dining table with a coffee in her hands and a herbal tea waiting by an empty chair.

Taking a seat, the younger girl bit her lip awkwardly. To grab her tea and blow the steam away gently. "Where's Jackson?"

June caught onto the small talk, taking a sip of her Coffee. "At the Autobot Base. They are having a movie night, Miko wanted you to join."

Swallowing down the sudden lump in her throat, Kayleah responded quietly. "I didn't think she cared."

"Miko is rather excited to have another female around." June retorted casually, raising an eyebrow at Kayleahs comment.

"Right." Kayleah took a sip of her herbal tea to wash down the bitterness she felt towards herself.

"Kayleah." Kayleah looked at June when she said her name. "Tell me what's wrong. You know you can trust me."

Kayleah closed her eyes at this. Shaking her head, as she placed her cup of tea down. "It's not that I don't trust you, It's the fact that I don't trust myself June."

"I...have never felt like this...Not even with Jason and I was with him for 5 freaking years." June tilted her head, listening to Kayleahs words intensely.

"You are in love?... With who?." June asked with much exasperation, blue eyes wide.

Kayleahs hazel eyes snapped open, her pupils narrowing down. As she wished she could deny it, but she knew since day dot...

"I'm in love with Ratchet."