•13•

sᴏɴɢ: ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛᴇsᴛ sʜᴏᴡᴍᴀɴ- ʀᴇᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs.

•~••~•

"sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ, ɪɴsᴛᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏɴ."

•~••~•

|ᴄᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ|

June stared at Kayleah harshly and it made her cringe internally at such stare from her mentor-figure. especially when she knew what she said was out-right ridiculous. Kayleah wondered if June was going to check if she had a concussion or freak out about all the things that could go wrong.

"Well..." June stared at her cup of now cold coffee with unsure eyes, before her blue eyes met hers once again. Filled with wisdom and love.

This action alone made Kayleah shrink away, she didn't care if she was over-dramatising it. She felt like she just made a huge mistake that will ruin everything and now she wishes she never even mentioned her attraction to the CMO.

"You always were chasing the impossible." June sighed and looked away as if she was trying to figure out on what else to say to make the situation less tense. "-I just don't want you getting hurt...Or Ratchet."

Kayleah closed her hazel eyes at that response. Feeling relieved, but sad at the same time because she knew that June had more stuff to say. More doubt.

"Kayleah...Ratchet's a..." Giant alien robot? Yeah she knew that, but for some reason her mind...Her heart, her everything just wanted and needed Ratchet more and more. Kayleah just didn't understand, she was confused and scared.

There was another sigh. Making Kayleah open her eyes to see June raise to her feet, cleaning up their now cold and half empty cups. "Are you sure this isn't because of Jasons reappearance? It was a recent break up and now...With all the drama..."

Kayleah groaned at the mention of her now 'killer' ex. Jason was the last thing she wanted to think of right now, especially after her room was set on fire. "June...Look. Our 'Offical' break up happened during the middle of the relationship. We never were together for months because of MECH, before I finally announced it outloud."

Hazel eyes watched June cross the Dining room to the kitchen. "You never told me what made you finally announce it. You were so busy ignoring it and then...Bamn." June put the cups into the kitchen sink and turned on the water. Rinsing the cups out.

That was the point. Kayleah wanted to scream outloud, but didn't. Her cry unheard and her plead of understanding misread.

She didn't want to talk about the night Jason stormed into their apartment with his work-mates that held guns and smelt of death.

She Didn't want to talk about the things she has seen, the things she has blocked out and pretended not to exist. If she had to acknowledge them, Kayleah would never forgive humanity.

She didn't want to talk about the arguments about his new 'job' and the nights she cried alone. Those very nights her skin littered with bruises and cuts done by the person she loved most.

"Things happen I guess." Kayleah went with that response, ignoring the motherly look she recieved in return from June. "The past is the past anyways."

"That very past has caught up Kayleah. You may find you are clinging to Ratchet, these 'feelings' are because you know he can protect you like no other." June voiced and faced the young adult with a stern look, her arms crossed. Kayleah knew she was no longer talking to her friend, but to a mother.

Kayleah pursed her lips. "Maybe. Maybe not."

"What does that even mean?" June walked back to the dining room to sit down and listen to what Kayleah has to say.

"You are right. He can protect me like no one else, but he also...We relate. A lot. In the time we have known eachother, the private moments we have had..." Kayleah played with her necklace her Grandma Emma left her.

"I just know. I can sense it." June pulled a face of skepticism which made Kayleah slump in her chair.

"Sense? I thought you didn't believe in all that spiritual nonsense your Grandma was in." Junes questioning toan was enough to make Kayleah feel defensive.

"Well! I do now. I can just...I feel different. This necklace proves stuff like that is more real than we believe!" Kayleah yanked the necklace off her body and placed it down.

June stared at the necklace on the kitchen table with a raised eyebrow. "Kayleah...Ratchet said it is an energon crystal. Which is also another thing we need to figure out after we sort out the Jason problem."

"Energon crystal. Please. I have had every human touch this thing and it hasn't glowed at all" Kayleah shoved it into Junes hand for example. The crystal remained dull and lifeless.

June grasped the cold stone and looked even more confused as she explained the knowledge she knew of Energon. Like Kayleah hadn't asked Ratchet beforehand. "Energon goes dull when it's cut off from it's main source until it's turned into liquid."

Kayleah felt like slamming her head on the table, but held back that action with a frustrated pinch to her nose. "No! Listen! It's not energon!...Well that type anyways."

June placed the necklace down and crossed her arms. Getting slightly frusrated herself. "Okay Kayleah, explain how it's special energon."

"Okay so...When Ratchet touches it...It goes warm and glows brightly. It's weird! Like it detects Cybertronians." Kayleah muttered and stared at the crystal with her own uncertainty.

"So...Like some Cybertronian Tracker?" June now leaned forward, catching on. "How did your Grandma get her hands on this?"

"Grandma Emma met Jason before we broke up, maybe MECH were working on something...But..." Kayleah trailed off her sentence, her eyes meeting Junes.

"Do you think her death was because she took something that wasn't hers?" June asked the question Kayleah was going to ask.

"They killed her." Kayleah muttered, grabbing the cold stone tightly with blank eyes. "Her death...It was so sudden and she was healthy..."

"-Kayleah." June cut in slowly. "You don't know that."

Kayleah shook her head, arguing the point. Determined to prove she is right and tired of being doubted. "Jason randomly coming back just after Ratchet touched this crystal? It was like a beacon to them. Come on June think about it!"

June remained silent as Kayleah waved her free hand about. "My room being set on fire wasn't for me, it was to destroy this necklace!"

"They wouldn't go to all that trouble for a necklace that tracks down Cybertronains Kayleah." June stated firmly, but it was obvious they would. It was obvious that June was trying to be blind to the situation, too scared to face the facts.

The facts being that they needed Cybertronians to test on and gain information on.

They wanted the power and knowledge of Cybertronians to build their own war machines. Own weaponary.

"If they can't have it June, than no one can."