•10•

sᴏɴɢ: ᴊᴇssɪᴄᴀ ᴍᴀᴜʙᴏʏ - ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ

•~••~•

"ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴇᴄɪsɪᴏɴ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴀ ᴛᴏᴛᴀʟʟʏ ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ʟɪғᴇ"

•~••~•

|ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ|

"I can explain."

Kayleah scoffed and looked away. Shifting on the large metal bed she rested on, Ratchet sighed loudly. If that's what you even call it. Kayleah didn't know.

She didn't know anything no more.

"Kayleah." Ratchet pressed, wanting her to say something to him.

The orange haired female relented and looked at the medic. Hazel eyes displaying fear.

"You're scared of me?" Kayleah looked away again, not because of the question, but because of those intense turquoise optics that bored into her.

"No. No I'm not." The Young adult admitted, surprising herself. She wasn't scared of Ratchet being a giant robot alien.

Shoulders slumping in relief, Ratchet continue to stare at her. Now in confusion. "Then...Is it because I pretended to be a human?..."

Kayleah gave Ratchet a look of disbelief, making the mech nod and huff. "Ah. Yes. That makes sense.", he admits sheepishly.

The young adult just didn't understand. After calming down from her near mental-breakdown, she didn't know what to believe or who to believe.

"Jason burnt my room down." Hazel eyes dazed in exhuastion, Kayleah looked at Ratchet with much sadness. "Like, I never thought my ex would try to kill me."

The medic grunted at that, moving across his med-bay to his computer. The muffled sounds of the children could be heard, but Ratchets typing was louder.

"Jack mentioned that he worked for MECH." Ratchet didn't question, but Kayleah knew it was implied in a way that she had to answer.

Biting her lip. Kayleah now knew MECH was no engineering company that Jason made it out to be, it was a whole New World Order wanting to destroy everything she knew.

"I know he worked for a company called MECH. I just never knew it was for such evil." fiddling with her fingers, Kayleah felt stupid for not knowing now.