Chapter 23

It's very weird to not be a virgin anymore. I honestly thought I'd be one of those still-a-virgin-at-twenty-five kind of guys. Turns I'm an early bloomer. I blame Colton. I want to thank him as well though because oh my God I feel amazing. It's absolutely impossible to look at Colton now without think about sex or getting an awkward boner though. I like to think my boyfriend is in the same predicament. When I grin at him during lunch at school he blushes and makes a beeline for the restroom. I think that confirms my thoughts. Part of me wants to go after him, but I don't.

During track the weirdo comes up to me again. These two sentence conversations are becoming kind of weird. I don't even know his name.

"I'm sorry about last week. Your brother must be going through like now and I just acted like a hormonal prick. I'm sorry."

I blink at him a few times. That was unexpected. "That's alright. He is though. He is going through hell." I say. He frowns. I make my way over to the track field and start running. I'm starting to understand what Colton meant when he said he like running away from his problems. I like it too.

After track the weirdo walks up to me again. "Hey, sorry for bothering you again. It's just, eh... I was wondering if I could help with, you know.. I've noticed he's not showing up in art and French anymore."

I stare at him. "I honestly don't understand what you're getting at." I tell him blankly. He frowns. "I'm offering him an extra friend." he mumbles and looks away. God this is awkward. For some reason I feel like laughing. But I don't. It would be disrespectful. Almost as disrespectful as this weirdo was last week.

"I guess friends could be what he needs right now. I don't know how he'll handle a stranger though." I say after pulling on my shirt. He huffs. "We always talk in class. I'm not a stranger." he states. I adjust my glasses and look at him. "Alright. You can come over then if you want."

He grins and quickly grabs his stuff together. Then we start walking to my house. About halfway I open my mouth to break the awkward silence. "What's your name?"

His eyes widen and he gapes at me. "He's seriously never mentioned my name nor my existence." he says. I nod in confirmation and check the time on my phone. He huffs and my eyes slide sideways to look at him. It's weird to see him in regular clothes instead of PE gear.

"My name's Liam." he says. There's a brief silence. "I honestly thought I was at least a friendly acquaintance, maybe on the road towards friend already. Guess I thought too highly of myself again."

I smile and put my phone away. "Well, you're really weird and awkward, so you'll get along just fine."

He squints his eyes at me in an unamused glare. "Thanks." he drawls sarcastically. I grin. "You're welcome."

We enter through the back door. I'm honestly starting to wonder why we even have a front door. No one ever uses it. Liam stands in the middle of the kitchen, wringing his hands uncomfortably. I'm find myself quite enjoying the slight torture he's going through.

"Do I have to take off my shoes or something?" he asks. I walk over to the fridge to read the note that's attached to it? "If you want to you can I guess." I tell him. Mom and dad will be gone all week. It's not the first time this happens but usually they sit us down in the morning and warn us properly. Guess it was urgent. They're running some kind of business together so when there's trouble they both leave us. I check the drawer mentioned in the note to confirm there's really money for food. Then I turn back to Liam who is now shoeless. For some reason he seems more comfortable that way.

I lead him upstairs to Terrence his room. Before I can touch the door it busts open. Colton rushes out and wraps his arms around me. We knock into the wall and he buries his head in my neck. I wrap my arms around him too. "Awwww, did you miss me that much?" I tease him. Colton hugs me tighter. "Shut up. I've never had so many awkward public boners in my life." he mumbles. I laugh loudly.

My eyes trail over to Liam who's just standing there, flabbergasted. "You're making the guest uncomfortable." I tell Colton. He flinches away from me with wide eyes. "Guest?" he asks. Then he notices the uncomfortable boy a few paces away from us. "Oh shit."

He quickly takes a step away from me but I keep a hold on one of his hands. "I think it's kind of too late for a cover up." I say and bite my lip, not taking my eyes off Colton. He blushes and looks at the floor. "It's fine, I won't tell." Liam says and laughs awkwardly. There's an obvious blush covering his cheeks. We both smile at him. "Thanks." Colton says. Then we all enter Terrence his room.

Terrence is perched on the floor, his back pressed against the side of his bed. He's drawing something. "Terry, the crazy art guy's here." Colton announces. Terrence looks up and grins at Liam. "Eyyyyyyy crazy art guy!" he exclaims with a grin. It's good to see him smile. Liam laughs and goes to sit down next to him. "So I guess Colton told you about the assignment?" "Yeah. It sucks ass. Couldn't she have warned us sooner or something?"

I linger in the doorway and look at them. Seeing Terrence interact with someone other than Colton and I gives me hope. Maybe he'll get over this. Slowly, and with some hiccups. But this moment feels like it's the start of my brother's healing process. Colton grabs my hand and we quietly make our way to my room. No dirty stuff tonight though. Well not much. Just some kisses and me helping my boyfriend with his physics.