The Truth Comes Out

Cato's POV: I paced nervously on the roof top. I know telling her now might not have been the smartest choice, but if, no when I died I planned to go with no regrets. "Cato?" I looked up seeing Ivy, hair in a messy bun on the top of her head, looking tired. "Ivy." I breathed out hugging her close. "Cato! What's wrong?" I could hear the surprised tone in her voice as she let me hug her. Letting her go I sat down on the railing between the building and the city. "Ivy I have to tell you something." I said honestly, she nodded, brows furrowed in concern, "What is it?" I took a deep breath before taking her hands and looking in her jeweled eyes, "I love you." Her eyes widened. I looked at the ground waiting for either to be accepted or rejected . Gently she picked up my head with her tender hands, "Cato, look at me." I did as asked looking into her eyes. "I love you too. I just wish that this was under different conditions." She whispered as tears began to fall. "I do too. But we have to make the most of this." I said honestly as she nodded. "Remember, 'together or not at all?', I promised your family to bring you home." She looked up "Cato, but what about you?" I shook my head taking her hands yet again. "If it was between the two of us, your going home." I said as she shook her head. "No, I can't your father, sisters. You have a complete family all praying for your safe return." Ivy said looking down. "What about you? I'm not going to leave you." Ivy laughed bitterly "You might have to. It's not up to you." I shook my head. "It's not. And I know this." I said sadly pulling her close to me.